Review/Feedback: Dr. Tomas/Dr. Brick Ft. Myers

Michael Adam Weinberg

Oct 4, 2022, 11:12:50 AM10/4/22
to Herniasurgery
Fellow "Hernia Folk"=-):

I have spoken extensive with Ms. Debra at U First Health about Desadra as a best option for my inginual hernia repair.

I simply wanted to post to seek first hand experience-- I am responsible for my own due diligence-- and just to make sure all flags are "green/go". [[My entire procedure is more complicated due to concurrent auto immune.....]]

Any words of comfort or caution, critique or confirmation about any aspect of the process or procedure are welcome. Thanks SO much, in advance!!

m.a.w.

Dan

Oct 4, 2022, 12:29:53 PM10/4/22
to contex...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
I've had the procedure over 15 years ago from desarda himself, and have had no problems since.

Michael Adam Weinberg

Oct 4, 2022, 12:49:57 PM10/4/22
to Herniasurgery
Mr. Dan,

Thanks SO much for your response.
May I ask your sedation/anasthesia, if you recall?
Did you require pain medication post-op?[I prefer none.]

Regards, m.a.w.

Ryan

Oct 4, 2022, 11:42:32 PM10/4/22
to Herniasurgery
I had my umbilical hernia done with Dr. Tomas about 7 years ago. He did as no-mesh and hybrid method like Desarda adapted for umbilical hernias. It worked fine, no recurrence. I did have anesthesia. Post-op pain wasn't too bad, used a walking cane for a week I remember and I think used pain meds for a few days (maybe I didn't don't really remember). Getting out of bed required me to raise myself sideways using side muscles. I would definitely use him again for any kind of hernia.

Capt. Steven Bruce Bokan

Oct 5, 2022, 3:33:01 AM10/5/22
to ryan...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Same hete, Prof Desarda did 2 Hernia repairs for me 15+ years ago with zero problems since 👍🏾

He is a wonderful Soul 🙏🏾

Cheers

Capt. Steven Bruce Bokan ATPL(H) FI(1)

Helicopter Instructor Pilot

+61 (0) 487 422 813

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/483614-top-world-photos-nepal-185.html

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone 🍒

Ravi Kumar

Oct 5, 2022, 6:42:40 AM10/5/22
to coolgu...@gmail.com, contex...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Depends on the patient abdominal condition we will expect recurrence,whether it's a mesh or mesh free hernia surgery.

Dan

Oct 5, 2022, 10:30:42 AM10/5/22
to Ravi Kumar, contex...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
There was a local anesthetic, so I was awake through the whole thing. I was given some pain medication for a week or two.

Ravi Kumar

Oct 5, 2022, 11:19:55 AM10/5/22
to Dan, contex...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Guys,

Just think practically,If you are using any cloth long time maybe tear in one place but we thought cover that place by stitching actually entire cloth is went for weak stage and anytime going to year hence apply the another cloth to support the original and went goes smooth.

Just apply the same strategy like your abdominal wall is weak due thr age/Obesity/other conditions needs provide the support(mesh) otherwise somewhere will tear in your stomach.

I am not sure,why peoples are not understanding simple layman logic.