Quality of external oblique aponeurosis in 50y.

Andre M

Mar 3, 2024, 2:46:13 PMMar 3
to Herniasurgery
Greetings Dr. Desarda, everyone,

I'm a 50-year-old male of Asian descent and I was diagnosed six months ago with direct bilateral inguinal hernia of 3cm on each side (by ultrasound).

 I believe I also have an umbilical hernia that the ultrasound didn't catch six months ago because I feel some pain and now, I have a pea size bulge inside my belly button.

I'm planning and looking for a surgeon to have them fixed by Desarda (I'm checking my options to have surgery locally or go to Dr. Tomas or India).

My only worry is if my external oblique aponeurosis would be strong enough (25bmi but not muscular, so weak muscles, no comorbidities, never had surgery or recurrence of hernia).  I believe my umbilical hernia is still small enough to just have it stitched and I'd like to know if when a surgeon opens the umbilical area to fix the hernia, he or she can check the quality of the external oblique aponeurosis in a patient.

I'm in many forums about hernia spreading the word about Desarda and all of your work and the dangers of mesh.

Thank you,

Prof.Dr.Desarda MP

Mar 4, 2024, 12:41:48 AMMar 4
to Herniasurgery
External oblique aponeurosis is an aponeurotic structure and aponeurotic structures and tendons in the body are last and least to be affected by the aging process or any collagen disease. We observed that even weak aponeurosis gives better protection than the mesh if it is able to hold the sutures. Because it still gives physiologically dynamic protection as against the static protection given by a mesh.

Dr. Robert Tomas (Desarda Hernia Center)

Mar 4, 2024, 3:22:27 AMMar 4
to des...@hotmail.com, Herniasurgery
Andre,

We would love to have you come to Florida. You want a surgeon who is an exclusive no mesh hernia surgeon and I have been using the Desarda technique for over 14 years now.
Please call us and one of our surgical liaisons will explain to you the process in order to have your repair. We have hotels that work with us and will shuttle you to our facility.

Please call 888-884-0019

Thanks for the email,

Robert Tomas, D.O., FACOS
Desarda Hernia Center, USA
U First Health & Surgical Center
12650 World Plaza Lane
Building 72 , Suite 1 (Main Office and Surgery Center)
1.855.DESARDA
Ufirsthealth.com

This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately and notify us by e-mail of the error.  Thank you.