Re: Need your personal experince after dr.desarda hernia repair

Saleh Haskouri

Mar 14, 2020, 10:37:54 AM3/14/20
to ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
go to puna india and have it done by desarda. synthetic mesh is artificial while the tissue from your body is natural and is yours.

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, <ajaylo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am lokesh from tamilnadu. I have right inguinal hernia. Last week i had an appoinment with dr desarda. He clearly explains about his technique and complication of mesh. I dono how the results are good after the surgery like chronic pain, reccurance. How ever mesh has many complication but basically it invented to give additional strength to weaken tissue and to reduce the risk of reccurance but in our dr desarda technique done by only pure tissues. This is the point where i get confused a lot. Plz someone share your personal experience after thr dr desarda's hernia repair. I believe in dr desarda technique but i need a clarification becoz i cant afford the cost for another surgery within a years

Fred AMIR

Mar 14, 2020, 12:40:55 PM3/14/20
to saleh.h...@gmail.com, ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Hello Lokesh,

Here’s my personal experience with the Desarda repair.

Best wishes,

Fred Amir
Author, Speaker, Rapid Recovery Coach

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/herniasurgery/CAK3OveUNGJiMJW73GRWw%2BcgkezdXTTVtRJdzYfb1DCnyC6FRUw%40mail.gmail.com.

asbery

Mar 14, 2020, 3:05:29 PM3/14/20
to fredam...@yahoo.com, saleh.h...@gmail.com, ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Ok, I think it is time to speak out.
    I went to Puna about 10 years ago with a simple right side hernia, and had the hernia repair done by the famous Dr. Desarda himself.
Although I had more pain afterwards than I expected for a few days, after that I was very happy with the result.

I am convinced that using synthetic mesh is not a good solution and that some patients have very bad reactions to synthetic mesh, sometimes years later,
I also believe that some patients  probably suffer other health problems because of the mesh. - problems that doctors never imagine are caused by synthetic mesh.

So for about 9 years I was very happy with the result.
Unfortunately I have to report that last June 2019 I had a sudden partial failure of the hernia repair.
I knew immediately that it had happened. I don’t remember any special effort but it was probably something that I lifted.

As this is not really bothering me I have not been to a doctor, in fact I told my wife and so far that is all.
It is a reminder to us all that ALL hernia treatments are REPAIRS not cures.
I am now 72 and I do not intend to do anything about this partial recurrence unless it really starts bothering me.
Last June I had a little pain for a  few weeks but since then I have no pain.
 My impression is that I have a PARTIAL partial failure -by that I mean the original repair is still partly holding,
There  is a smallish bulge and that is it -  but I am more careful about lifting heavy objects.

I still do not regret my choice as the Desarda  repair held well for 10 years, AND I have no mesh inside my body!

That is about all I can tell you,

Best regards David Asbery

Dr. Desarda
    Please would you change my email to the one I am using now.  My old romandie.com email will be discontinued very soon.
Thnx

Saleh Haskouri

Mar 14, 2020, 3:20:49 PM3/14/20
to asbery, fredam...@yahoo.com, ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
cure for some and repair for others. The chances of recurrence is 1 out of 500. Your type of body did not totally absorb the inserted tissue.

Saleh Haskouri

Mar 14, 2020, 3:23:24 PM3/14/20
to asbery, fredam...@yahoo.com, ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
thanks
sal haskouri

Fred AMIR

Mar 14, 2020, 3:41:19 PM3/14/20
to asbery, saleh.h...@gmail.com, ajaylo...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery
Hi David,

Thanks for sharing. Mine has been holding since 2010 done in California by Dr. Parvez. Hope it will hold until I pass to the next life.

You may consider working with a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor muscles. In some case strengthening the muscles around the inguinal complex can help with pain and keeping the hernia from getting larger.

Best wishes,

Fred Amir
Author, Speaker, Rapid Recovery Coach

Saleh Haskouri

Mar 15, 2020, 1:10:07 AM3/15/20
to des...@gmail.com, Herniasurgery, asbery
it is someone else who said that and not me. I think his name is David. He explained that it is a repair abd not a cure. I explained that recurrence is 1 out of 500.  I further explained that it is a cure for the vast majority and a repair for the very few due to the tyoe of body they have.

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, <des...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Salesh,

Thanks for your activity on our hernia surgery group. We noted that you feel there is partial recurrence. We will advise you to get it confirmed by ultrasound examination and send us the report.

Prof. Dr. Desarda MP

MBBS; MS; FICS(USA); FICA(USA)

Chief of Hernia Center

Poona Hospital & Research Centre

Mobile: +91 7738181022  or +91 9373322178

Wbe site: www.desarda.com

Email: des...@gmail.com ; des...@hotmail.com

Prof.Dr.Desarda MP

Mar 23, 2020, 8:08:37 AM3/23/20
to Herniasurgery
Dear David,

Do not worry if you feel that there is a partial recurrence. Pl. get it confirmed by sonography and get it repaired early if it shows recurrence. We have operated on a patient from USA last week, his age was 83 years. You can safely get it repaired even at your age of 72 years by our technique. Now there are many doctors in USA also who are operating by our technique.

Saleh Haskouri

Mar 23, 2020, 8:34:25 AM3/23/20
to des...@hotmail.com, Herniasurgery
Dr. Desarda

Thank you for helping David. He had thought that a repair is not a cure. If recurrence takes place in 1 out of 500, it must be a cure and not a repair. The type of body he has made it a repair rather than a cure.

Point of clarification: Sometimes the hernia is so small that a sonography does not detect it. The surgeon has to go in laparascopically and see for himself.

Thanks
Saleh