Problem with entailment file parsing

Mikael

Apr 9, 2020, 5:54:21 AM4/9/20
to HermiT Users
Hi,

I have an entailment check file like this (Manchester syntax)

---

Individual: ls:myself
---

Problem is that this gives true independent of what I put after the line "Individual: ls:myself". It can be any garbage or facts that should not entail. What could cause that?

William Van Woensel

Apr 9, 2020, 10:00:35 AM4/9/20
to HermiT Users
Hi Mikael,

Note sure what you mean, but by writing "Individual: ls:myself" you are essentially asserting this statement to be true, so it will be entailed by this ontology

Mikael Pesonen

Apr 9, 2020, 10:20:40 AM4/9/20
to hermit...@googlegroups.com

Hi William,

I meant that if I add data for the individual, for example

Individual: ls:myself
    Facts: oro:isAbleTo oro:Pick

which is not entailed in the data, or

Individual: ls:myself
<insert any non Manchester syntax garbage here>

Entailment still results true.

Lingsoft - 30 years of Leading Language Management

www.lingsoft.fi

Speech Applications - Language Management - Translation - Reader's and Writer's Tools - Text Tools - E-books and M-books

Mikael Pesonen
System Engineer

e-mail: mikael....@lingsoft.fi
Tel. +358 2 279 3300

Time zone: GMT+2

Helsinki Office
Eteläranta 10
FI-00130 Helsinki
FINLAND

Turku Office
Kauppiaskatu 5 A
FI-20100 Turku
FINLAND

Mikael Pesonen

Apr 9, 2020, 10:24:21 AM4/9/20
to hermit...@googlegroups.com

Sorry first example was meant to be

Individual: ls:myself
    Types: ls:BotV1Type

    Facts: oro:isAbleTo oro:Pick

Ignazio Palmisano

Apr 9, 2020, 10:51:51 AM4/9/20
to Mikael, HermiT Users
A lot will depend on the premise ontology and what is actually in the rest of the entailments. Can you show an example of something that shouldn't be entailed?

Cheers,
I.

Mikael Pesonen

Apr 9, 2020, 11:07:52 AM4/9/20
to hermit...@googlegroups.com

Here is a shortened version of facts. Imported file is this http://kb.openrobots.org/ converted to Manchester syntax.

---
Prefix: ls:        <http://example.com/oro_ont1#>
Prefix: oro:    <http://kb.openrobots.org#>

Ontology: <http://example.com/oro_ont1>

Import: <https://xxx/oro.maowl>

Class: ls:BotV1
    SubClassOf:            oro:Robot
    EquivalentTo:        oro:isAbleTo ONLY oro:Cover
---

I'm just learning OWL reasoning so maybe this actually entails, but don't get why the parser don't give error for false syntax in entailment file. Thank you for the help!

Mikael Pesonen

Apr 9, 2020, 11:38:33 AM4/9/20
to hermit...@googlegroups.com

Shortened this a bit too much. So add this to facts:

Individual: ls:myself
    Types: ls:BotV1

Mikael

Apr 22, 2020, 10:06:16 AM4/22/20
to HermiT Users
Any idea on this? I'm happy to help with further testing.

Br,
Mikael