Can I have a progress bar for Hermit?

Ehsan Majidi

Oct 21, 2016, 6:18:42 AM10/21/16
to HermiT Users
Hi,
I am using Hermit for reasoning and I want to add a progress bar for the reasonin. In Owl Api there is a class for that which can be fed into the reasoner and then get the progress bar printed in the console:

       ConsoleProgressMonitor progressMonitor = new ConsoleProgressMonitor();
       OWLReasonerConfiguration config = new SimpleConfiguration(
progressMonitor);

OWLReasoner reasoner = reasonerFactory.createReasoner(ont, config);

But I need to use Hermit configuration to set:

       Configuration config = new Configuration();
       config
.ignoreUnsupportedDatatypes=true;

so, I don't know how to get the progress bar in to the reasoner if I use this:
       Configuration config = new Configuration();
       config
.ignoreUnsupportedDatatypes=true;

OWLReasoner reasoner = reasonerFactory.createReasoner(ont, config);

Appreciate any help!

Ignazio Palmisano

Oct 21, 2016, 2:47:43 PM10/21/16
to Ehsan Majidi, HermiT Users
Hi,
the Configuration object has a public field to hold a ReasonerProgressMonitor, called reasonerProgressMonitor. You can assign your desired monitor to that field, and it will be picked up by the reasoner, same as the progress monitor in a conventional OWLReasonerConfiguration instance.

HTH,
I.

Appreciate any help!