HermiT causing ConcurrentModificationException

Laurent Polese

Apr 9, 2015, 1:44:16 AM4/9/15
to hermit...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm not a java developer, but I must deal with a Java problem.
I have to run a reasoner (coded by someone who left the project) built using HermiT, but sometimes I encounter an exception like this one :

Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:926)

        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:960)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.hierarchy.InstanceManager.readOffPropertyInstances(Unknown Source)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.hierarchy.InstanceManager.readOffPropertyInstancesByIndividual(Unknown Source)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.hierarchy.InstanceManager.initializeKnowAndPossiblePropertyInstances(Unknown Source)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.initialisePropertiesInstanceManager(Unknown Source)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.realiseObjectProperties(Unknown Source)

        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.precomputeInferences(Unknown Source)

        at ontopraxreasonertool.OntopraxReasonerTool.main(OntopraxReasonerTool.java:141)

It seems to be an internal problem of HermiT, but I'm not sure of that.
Did you ever encounter that kind of problem ?

java -version

java version "1.7.0_55"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1~0.13.10.1)

Thanks a lot
Laurent

Ignazio Palmisano

Apr 9, 2015, 2:28:48 AM4/9/15
to hermit...@googlegroups.com
Hi, is it possible to share the ontology causing this? The method
readOffPropertyInstances() is a fairly large one with multiple
iterators in it, so it's hard to tell which one is causing the
problem.
Does it happen with the Oracle JRE as well?
Cheers,
I.

> java -version
>
> java version "1.7.0_55"
>
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1~0.13.10.1)

> Thanks a lot
> Laurent

Laurent Polese

Apr 9, 2015, 2:55:09 AM4/9/15
to hermit...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ignazio

Unfortunately the Ontology is under NDA, I can't share it.
I'll make some tests with Oracle JRE to see if I have the same issue.

Thanks

vincentv...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 4:29:39 AM6/10/15
to hermit...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've had the same problem with a small test ontology (see attachment).
I will add this problem to the issue tracker.

Regards,

Vincent.
hermit-exception.owx

vincentv...@gmail.com