HermiT update to OWLAPI version 4.x

Ignazio Palmisano

Mar 4, 2015, 3:04:28 PM3/4/15
to hermit...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've just noticed that HermiT 1.3.8.4 has been released in January,
with support for OWLAPI 3.4.10.
A few months ago I have experimented with updating Phil Lord's
repository on GitHub to OWLAPI 4. Do you have any plans to update
HermiT in the near future? I'm going to refresh my pull request to
make sure I have the latest code included, and if you wish I can
provide a patch.

(I'd love to contribute more for future updates, too - OWLAPI version
5, with Java 8 support, is taking shape and it would be great to have
as many reasoners as possible available for it)

Cheers,
Ignazio

Phillip Lord

Mar 5, 2015, 6:41:59 AM3/5/15
to Ignazio Palmisano, hermit...@googlegroups.com

Jan 2014, right?

I wonder whether there would be any interest in making a HermiT 1.4
release, for OWL API 4, and combining it with a big bang -- moving to
git and maven as the main line, rather than as a fork at the moment.

While I have mixed feelings about moving to the OWL API 4 in general
(since I'll need to port tawny), lagging too far behind the current
release of the OWL API is clearly not a good thing.

When is (or has!) protege moving?

Phil

Ernesto Jimenez-Ruiz

Mar 9, 2015, 7:49:27 AM3/9/15
to Phillip Lord, Ignazio Palmisano, hermit...@googlegroups.com
When is (or has!) protege moving?
It seem that the current protege 5 beta still uses OWL API 3.5

> A few months ago I have experimented with updating Phil Lord's
> repository on GitHub to OWLAPI 4. Do you have any plans to update
> HermiT in the near future?
Yes, we have plans to update HermiT, hopefully sooner than later.

Best
Ernesto

--
Ernesto Jiménez-Ruiz