Post Processing

Everet Anema

Jul 14, 2017, 12:04:50 PM7/14/17
to hermes2d
Hi All,
I see this group hasn't been too active lately, the last topic was posted in 2014... hope someone is still out there!

Anyways, I've been playing with hermes2d library this week, attempting to learn how it is all held together. I have been reading through documentation and although I am definitely not an expert, I have been able to solve Poisson's equation by various methods on a mesh I created. So by reading the documentation and looking through example source files I have managed to solve the problem.

Now, my big issue, I am not sure how to approach post processing. I need to perform some integrals on the solution but I don't know where to begin. I am having a hard time finding any examples or documentation discussing how this is achieved within the hermes2d framework. Can someone point me to an example of how this is done?

For reference I am doing electrostatic simulations and looking to do a volume integral to calculate the energy stored in the volume.

Thanks for any help!

pavel

Jul 14, 2017, 12:08:10 PM7/14/17
to herm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everet, I remember that this can be done but the functionality is not well documented or well exposed to the user. Sorry about that. I am now doing other things.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

Everet Anema

Jul 14, 2017, 4:05:40 PM7/14/17
to hermes2d
Thanks for the quick response! I will continue to look through the code and hope that someone else can offer some guidance. Maybe I'll take a look at the agros2d source tree and see if I can figure out how/where that is done.
Thanks Pavel

Pavel Solin

Jul 14, 2017, 4:10:32 PM7/14/17
to herm...@googlegroups.com
Please look through the more advanced
tutorial examples first, maybe something
useful will be demonstrated there. Agros2D
was using Hermes in the past but I think
that they switched to Deal II.

--
Pavel Solin, Ph.D.
Professor, University of Nevada, Reno