installing IC heatsink

Mike W

Apr 1, 2021, 2:17:50 PM4/1/21
to Hermes-Lite

New owner here.
I've just received my Hermes Lite2 Build9.
Is the transformer rewind needed for this build?
I have two small IC heatsinks, one about 10mm square and the other 15mm square.
which IC's should they be attached to? I'm guessing the 15mm one for U7, the 10mm for U4
am I missing on for the FPGA? Final assembly doesn't help.
thanks, Mike

Alan Hopper

Apr 1, 2021, 2:32:43 PM4/1/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,
welcome to the group.
The rewind is not needed, if you scroll further down on the final assembly wiki there is a picture with the location of the heatsinks.  I don't have the heat sinks on mine so they are not critical.
Enjoy you HL2.
73 Alan M0NNB

Roger David Powers

Apr 1, 2021, 4:31:21 PM4/1/21