Is anyone having Beta 5 screen freeze?

Dalton Williams

Sep 14, 2024, 6:12:21 PMSep 14
to Hermes-Lite
I have had my HL2 since and have not haa a single problem until now.

Starting when I loaded Beta last Monday, I have been chasing Beat 5 lockups for a week. Is anyone else having this issue or is this a hardware problem in my HL2?

I have even setup a clean install of Windows 10 22H2 and fully patched it and this problems still persists.

The systems is that after a while (30 sec to 10 minutes) Thetis freezes up.  I have been clicking on the X to stop it and that turns the Thetis screen white.  So I have just let it sit and amazingly it will continue running after several minutes.  But touch it and it locks up again.

Several times the lockup occurs of first MOX or TUN click...
But not most times.

The last few times when clicking the on button it has flashes a message that Thetis can not locate the radio and to check if is has power and is on the network.  Looking at the HL2 all lites are normal and it looks like it is receiving signals.

Am I missing something?
Dalton - W5EIM

Dalton Williams
DeFever 41 MV Easy Living
20 Years & 34,800 Miles on the water
Amateur Radio W5EIM
Capital Yacht Club Member
MTOA Member
AGLCA Member

Dean Davidson

Sep 14, 2024, 11:09:42 PMSep 14
to Dalton Williams, Hermes-Lite

Wish I had seen this I just installed 30 minutes so far working fine

Reid Campbell

Sep 15, 2024, 4:44:31 AMSep 15
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dalton,

As nobody else is having an issue, I would suspect you might have a problem with your computer. I have seen issues like this before when RAM memory had single bit errors. I would search the Internet for computer test programs and see if any problems show up. It concerns me that you had corrupt files before the reinstall of Windows.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT