Updated OpenHPSDR Thetis (Beta3)

Reid Campbell

May 1, 2021, 4:31:51 AM5/1/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Group,

Here is the 3rd beta release of a version of Thetis which better supports the HL2:

https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/tag/v2.8.12-beta3
https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/download/v2.8.12-beta3/Thetis_2_8_12-beta3.zip

  • added option to cause HL2 reset on disconnect
  • corrected bug where CW on VFO A blocked Tx on VFO B
  • changed Drive control to better reflect use with HL2's 16 stage Tx attenuator
  • disabled packet reorder as it was causing Thetis to crash if it couldn't connect to HL2

The Reset option setting can be found at Setup|F/W Set|Reset On Disconnect. While testing this feature, I was having constant Thetis crashes when it couldn't find the HL2 immediately after a reset on disconnect. This was traced to the packet re-ordering function. I don't think there is a real need for this, but I might be wrong. Anyway, removing it stop the crash.

The Drive control now allows more precise control of the Tx attenuator. There are 16 steps from minimum power -7.5 dB (about 0.6 - 0.9 Watts) to 0dB ( about 5 Watts). There is an issue with the current Gateware where the -7.5 dB setting will give full power until the power setting is changed. This will fixed in future releases of the Gateware. The work around at the minute is to set minimum drive level to -7dB.

As always, no guarantees or warranties and be careful and observant when using the Drive control in case I have missed something. Reports and comments welcome.

Cheers

Reid

Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

My Name Is Bond

May 4, 2021, 1:56:08 PM5/4/21
to Hermes-Lite
HI,

one bug that borders me is the transverter  XVtr settings. Only works on vhf 0 setting.  vhf 1  to vhf 13 don't work. The can be setup in the VXtr menu but selecting them at the mean gui has no effect.
Thank you very much for all the good work!

Thanks PE1JRP

Reid Campbell

May 7, 2021, 3:44:00 AM5/7/21
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr Bond,

I just setup a couple of imaginary transverters for 144 and 70 in slots 0 and 1. Both appear to be working correctly from a Thetis point of view, ie. showing the correct frequency and receiveing on the correct down shifted frequency. I did have to press the buttons twice the first time they were setup but worked correctly after that.

Could you highlight what was not working for you and how you set it up.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Reid Campbell

May 9, 2021, 5:27:18 PM5/9/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Group,

Here is the 4th beta release of a version of Thetis which better supports the HL2:

https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/tag/v2.8.12-beta4
https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/download/v2.8.12-beta4/Thetis_2_8_12-beta4.zip

  • added facility to read and write to devices on both I2C buses

This is an experimenters release to allow control of devices on the I2C bus. This will be useful to anyone wanting to program the clock generators. There is a Wiki page on how to use it.

https://github.com/softerhardware/Hermes-Lite2/wiki/Thetis-I2C-Control

As always, no guarantees or warranties and be careful with what you write in some of the I2C locations. Reports and comments welcome.

Cheers

Reid

Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Reid Campbell

May 9, 2021, 6:01:09 PM5/9/21
to Hermes-Lite

Reid Campbell

May 10, 2021, 3:02:00 AM5/10/21
to Hermes-Lite
PS. Sorry about several posts the same, I was trying to get this message into it's own thread.

K7MDL

May 11, 2021, 12:42:48 PM5/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
I am having a problem where after some time, maybe 1 to a couple hours, one of several SDR apps I have tried out recently are losing comms with my HL2.  I need to find the cause of this, but what I have noted in all of these situations including Beta 3/4 is that the app cannot be reset or closed in any way I am aware of.  I can move the mouse around and see the UI update OK but if I click the power off button or close the app it hangs (no response).  This is on Windows 10.  All of the SDR apps are hanging on close/power off in this condition which seems strange to me. I would think the error handling between different apps would be unique.  My own UDP control apps for my UDP connected Teensy remote devices do not hang so I do not think it is an OS problem.

- Mike
K7MDL

K7MDL

May 11, 2021, 1:02:48 PM5/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
There is a typo above.   I meant to say all (not one) of the SDR apps I have tried lose comms and lock up if I try to exit in any way.  All other apps. network stuff work fine during this.  Something in the comms handling in the apps are not timing out properly during error conditions.

Alan Hopper

May 11, 2021, 1:44:56 PM5/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,
which apps did you test (or from my perspective was spark one of them:) ) ?
73 Alan M0NNB

K7MDL

May 11, 2021, 4:39:34 PM5/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
Yes, SparkSDR, SDR Console, PowerSDR 3.49, 3.50 and the mRX PS version.   Given they all do it, would seem to be unique to my HL2 or my PC/network unless they all use the same underlying libraries.

I looked at the Thetis version number and just now realized the shortcut I was using is still pointing to the original version, not the B3 or B4 versions.  That is fixed now, will test Thetis B4 out.

The error logs for SparkSDR are mostly the same each day/run cycle.  On startup:
5/11/2021 10:49:59 v2.0.5.8
discovery receive async
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

From corelog files from the last time I ran SparkSDR on May 9th.
[2021-05-09 04:35:02.601] [sc] [error] Invalid audio stream id 5

and on May 8th
[2021-05-08 10:00:38.650] [sc] [error] pa_openstream failed
[2021-05-08 10:00:59.579] [sc] [error] pa_openstream failed
[2021-05-08 10:01:24.633] [sc] [error] pa_openstream failed
[2021-05-08 10:01:57.554] [sc] [error] pa_openstream failed

I have not correlated these log events to the hang, just looked at them now for the first time.  I will check these when I see the problem next. All the HL2 LEDs are solid on the front panel except the RUN/CLK which flashes during the lock up condition.  Ethernet yellow is on and the green flashes slowly.

I am running on a 8th gen core I5 HP laptop.  It is on AC power running 24/7.  I reviewed the advanced power settings and tweaked a few things to help ensure my connection issue with the HL2 is not likely to be power management related.  It is also running my home automation over the network 24/7 and WSJTX. My UDP remote devices monitoring (RF wattmeter, band decoder, rotator), all other shack functions, email, web browsing, remote access, remote K3 and remote desktop sessions, etc. which are all working good during the error condition.

- Mike

K7MDL

May 12, 2021, 5:40:30 AM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
Since the last email and the pwr mgmt changes including not letting the PC monitor sleep, I have only run SparkSDR to try to get some focus on my lock up issue here.  Several times the spectrum and audio have halted, but the rest of the app remained functional.  I can toggle the app green power button and restore operation no problem.  The log files no longer have the errors I noted above so far.  A mystery remains here why processing is stopping but at least it is not hanging now (for SparkSDR).  I will need to try the other apps next.   Would prefer my display be able to sleep and not burn out my monitor backlight over time :-).  Lots more testing required here.

Update: When I started typing this, I toggled the power button to restart processing.  The EP6 counter was 323.  At the end of this typing it stopped again, the ep6 counter is still 323.   This test today was not on Thetis, will try it tomorrow again on Thetis B4.

- MIke

Alan Hopper

May 12, 2021, 6:59:16 AM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,
I have seen similar stopping on recent firmware and Phil seems to be having the same issue and has asked for an auto restart in spark, I'm looking into that but fixing the stopping would be better. Spark does stop the pc sleeping on windows but should allow the screen to powerdown so I'm a bit surprised that power management changed things, maybe some of the network stuff was being powered down by it?  Have you tried the disable watchdog option?

73 Alan M0NNB

K7MDL

May 12, 2021, 1:43:46 PM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
I have not tried any of the watchdog settings yet, will try them now.  The processing stops fairly quickly at times, even 30 minutes in one test.   My laptop is never in sleep mode as it is running alarm and remote access services 24/7, but I did have the display sleeping until this test.  I will try some combinations of things here.  EP is 327 on this stoppage. A change of 4 from my last update.

Alan Hopper

May 12, 2021, 4:08:19 PM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
if you have intermittent network issues the watchdog might be a problem but does not really fit your original description as a stop start should fix that but it is worth eliminating from suspects.
73 Alan M0NNB

K7MDL

May 12, 2021, 4:30:45 PM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
Turned disable Watchdog on, ran 10 minutes and stopped processing. Toggled power button some time later and it resumes.  Not other changes made.  EP still 327.  Nothing in the log files since yesterday.   Using factory loaded gateware  HL2 Ver 7.2p8 RX 4.

Ran Thetis B4.  Clicked reset on disconnect box.  Using mouse wheel for VFO when in focus feature.  Auto Attenuation on. Turned VAC off.   Thetis B4 also stopped processing in a matter of 10-20 minutes. UI is still responsive, waterfall is scrolling but all black, can change bands, just no spectrum display, turn VAC1 on, just a blip of audio noise, then silence.  Try turning on RX2, UI starts up, no spectrum.  Click the blue power button and the app grays out, not Responding.  Looking at Windows 10 resource monitor, filtering for Thetis.exe, there are no network connections listed. Normally there are 2, one send, one receive.

So SparkSDR looks like it is handling the processing stoppage recovery gracefully, Thetis B4 (and others ) are not today.

- Mike

K7MDL

May 12, 2021, 9:29:00 PM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite

Repeated test with Thetis B4, processing stopped after several tens of minutes.  Was watching resource monitor startup to fail condition and the Thetis.exe UDP connections dropped off resource monitor, Thetis.exe still listening on port 54395.  My other UDP connections from a single Python desktop app to remote rotator and RF wattmeter CPUs are still running OK, no indicated interruptions.

When I try to toggle the Thetis power button, it becomes unresponsive as usual, I see the thread count drops from 53 or more to 43,  Memory usage seems to be unchanged,  app disk usage dropped slowly over several minutes until it became 0.

In the Event log I saw some COM access errors with close timestamps to the restart attempts.  I changed my Thetis.exe shortcut to run as an admin. Same issue, no other events logged related to this.

No seeing much more I can do a this point short of a network capture at time of stoppage.   I do not see any sign of PC or network issues, if there are any, all other apps are working fine.

Steve Haynal

May 12, 2021, 10:59:01 PM5/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,

What is the state of the 4 LEDs before and after the event?

After the event, can you ping the HL2 at the same IP as before the event?

Are you connecting at 100Mbs or 1000Mbs?

How many network hops are there between your HL2 and computer? Are any of the hops wireless?

Can you try a different network cable plugged into the HL2 to see if there is a poor connection with the jack?

Does you router show information about the DHCP lease? Is the DHCP lease renewed at the time of an event?

If you are comfortable setting a fixed IP, that would help determine if this problem is DHCP-related or not. See the bottom of this page:

73,

Steve
kf7o

Reid Campbell

May 13, 2021, 4:13:54 AM5/13/21
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I would be interested to know what happens if you just run the SDR my itself, nothing else, no email, browser or rotator apps. HL2 use port 1024, which is reserved but maybe another app on your system is also using it.

Thetis does have issue with lost connections. I have tracked one down to packet reordering and disable that. That was causing an issue with the reset after disconnect option. There is still others to find.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

K7MDL

May 13, 2021, 6:22:34 AM5/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Answers below...

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:59:01 PM UTC-7 softerh...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Mike,

What is the state of the 4 LEDs before and after the event?
Before:
Run ON, TX OFF, ADC/75 and 100 ON or OFF depending on gains settings.
After:
Run Flashing, All others ON.   Ethernet jack yellow stays solid.  Green which normally flashes,  still flashes occasionally and during pings.

After the event, can you ping the HL2 at the same IP as before the event?
Yes.  It responds correctly.
From previous tests, SparkSDR can reset the connection and start working again, used the same address.  All SDR apps are using the same address as before OK.  So the address is not changing, and the HL2 is responding at the correct address.
The IP is always the same from DHCP.   I set a DHCP address reservation.
Tried setting HL2 address in Thetis as a static address.  Was using the "Reuse last IP address" default option.  The first entry in the address table is now set to my HL2 to use with Use static option.  During the latest lock up with this setting, Thetis still locks up on power button off.  IP connections in resource monitor drop off.  I have set the HL2 addr as static in SparkSDR for further tests.

Are you connecting at 100Mbs or 1000Mbs?
Computer is at 1GB connection as seen on switch port LED.  HL2 port on switch shows 100MB connection speed on switch port LED. Perfmon shows a max of 46Mbps, or 5.6Mbytes per sec for HL2 connection.

How many network hops are there between your HL2 and computer? Are any of the hops wireless?
Computer and HL2 are wired into same TP-Link 8-port 1GB switch.  Computer is a 2ft CAT7, HL2 is a 25ft CAT7.   Router is 100ft CAT5 from the switch.

Can you try a different network cable plugged into the HL2 to see if there is a poor connection with the jack?
I will relocate the HL2 to a short cable next to the switch a bit later and report back.  I had been using this cable for a K3/0 mini+RigRunner which works well.

Does you router show information about the DHCP lease? Is the DHCP lease renewed at the time of an event?
 I have not found where the lease length is in the router itself.  I think it is 1 week.  Computer is static IP.  I have a DHCP reservation addr set for the HL2 so it should never timeout.

If you are comfortable setting a fixed IP, that would help determine if this problem is DHCP-related or not. See the bottom of this page:
I set a DHCP reservation (and set Thetis to use Static) and still had the app stopping, ping continued to work OK.
Running new test with Quisk. Set Reset on disconnect, 2 bytes for MAC addr set, Known and EEPROM IP address fields both set to the DHCP reservation addr.

While I was typing this up and running a test with SparkSDR, I was listening and the audio faded out quickly to silence, I looked over at the HL2 and all LEDS turned to solid ON except the RUN which flashes.  As usual, the UDP connections dropped off and the app ceased to update.  First time I heard it stop live, usually off doing something else waiting for it and see it after it has stopped processing.

73,

Steve
kf7o

K7MDL

May 13, 2021, 6:57:13 AM5/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
I shut down Outlook, all open browsers.  There are still many background services including a node.exe proxy for my alarm system/SmartThings running.

I do not see that port number (1024) in use on the host, for local or remote ports, in Windows Resource Monitor anywhere.  Even so, it would only matter for the specific HL2 IP addr which is only used by the SDR app running at the moment, I do not see how it might be duplicated.

 Running a Quisk test session now.

- Mike

Steve Haynal

May 13, 2021, 12:16:11 PM5/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,

With no software connection to the HL2, the leftmost LED flashing and the other 3 solid indicate a 1Gbps connection, but you say the HL2 port on the switch indicates 100Mbs. Can you provide more information about this? Does the switch indicate 100Mbs or 1Gbps when the HL2 is first powered on and connected? Does changing the cable make any difference?

I also use an inexpensive TP-Link 8-port 1GB switch with a HL2 connected with about 25 feet of cable. I've never had issues. My HL2 is up and connected for days.

It could be that your HL2 is defective. This is the kind of problem which could pass the screening tests done at Makerfabs. If we don't find anything soon, you can send just the HL2 board to me for repair or exchange. Before sending, it is helpful if you send a photo (hires phone is okay) of the top and bottom of the HL2 board.

73,

Steve
kf7o

K7MDL

May 13, 2021, 6:19:01 PM5/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Sorry, I got the wrong cable, the real HL2 cable has a green LED so it is at 1GBps link speed.   I have now relocated the HL2 next to the switch and have a 2ft cable to the switch for something different.  In the current configuration when processing stops, toggling the power button on Quisk will reset the connection and resume working as a new connection.

I can also try PC to HL2 direct, no switch, and try my Surface Pro3 core I7 PC.   Been without shack power most of today due to remodeling work on the house, but will resume testing tonight.  Had the electrician pull a new 40A 230V cable from the house entry box to within 30 easy feet of my outdoor high power VHF/UHF amps since they had to pull 2 new 230V home runs for appliances.  It was a good day in exchange for some power down time!

K7MDL

May 14, 2021, 5:45:36 AM5/14/21
to Hermes-Lite
Been running the HL2 on a 2ft cable for half a day now with Quisk with no loss of connection.  Before this run was a router update and reset and power down, total power down(s) of the laptop, Windows Update, and the previously mentioned changes.  Also, after the (several) power downs, the laptop was on battery and WiFi was enabled.  I shut WiFi off and ensured I had only the wired ethernet enabled.  This has been running well so far.

It also now raises doubt whether WiFi was enabled all along in parallel with the wired connection (both have static IPs) and maybe I failed to note that?  Don't know now, seems like I would not miss that :-).  The IP address used for the SDR connection was definitely on the wired connection since the static IP address I was monitoring in perfmon makes that clear, but the presence, or not, of the wireless connection in parallel could have clouded things, even if it was not technically in the SDR connection path.

I have moved the HL2 back on the 25ft CAT7 cable I started with.  Power supply in both cases is shack 13.7V.   Doing an overnight test run with Quisk, then will rotate back to Thetis B4 and SparkSDR.  If this works reliably, that is good, but would give me no clear reason for the freeze ups before.   Could try to enable wireless and see if it breaks things (even if SDR traffic is on the wired interface).

- Mike

K7MDL

May 14, 2021, 5:52:39 AM5/14/21
to Hermes-Lite
I should also note that the last half day run was on Quisk which is running at 6.5Mbps, much lower than  the previous Thetis and maybe SparkSDR tests were.  They were running at up to 46Mbps constant rate the way they were configured.  Once I can verify this Quisk run is OK on the long cable (the only change), then I can switch back to Thetis and higher data rate conditions.

K7MDL

May 14, 2021, 3:17:44 PM5/14/21
to Hermes-Lite
Good news.  I have run SparkSDR, Quisk, and currently Thetis B4 for several hours each, no processing stoppage.  Added CAT control virtual serial manager and AudioRepeater to feed my speakers and WSJT-X.  All working good so far.   Also re-enabled screen timeout, no problems.  Letting it run, hopefully for a few days.   Best guess, maybe the wireless was enabled in parallel with wired and caused issues.

One thing that was useful through this I think was testing how the apps dealt with comm issues.   On to Teensy integration.

- Mike

K7MDL

May 15, 2021, 10:58:16 PM5/15/21
to Hermes-Lite
I reenabled the wireless network, connected to same network as well, and no problems.  Short of trying to reverse any config changes, router and Windows updates, not to mention the unplanned power downs that may have affected some config changes in a positive way, I am not sure what the root cause of the my connection issues were, they are gone now.

I switched to SDR_Console, no problems at all running with WSJTX 2.4.0 rc3 in WSPR mode band hopping for over 12 hours now so I know the VAC and VSP parts are solid.

I switched to PowerSDR mRX PS 3.50(HL2) (3/12/21).  Hit the PowerSDR tune button and I get several watts out.  WSJTX Cat and PTT test buttons work OK.  Change bands and that works but I get the rigctl error box again.  Hit test WSJTX Test CAT and it works immediately.  Rinse and Repeat.  Same rig control error with Thetis B4.

Switch my WSJTX config to SparkSDR with its CAT rigctl setup.  Band changes sometimes work OK, but usually I get a rigctl comm error.  I hit WSJTX test CAT, works immediately, and go on.  Again, hit  WSJTX Tune, rigctl error.  Was in Mode Data/Pkt and Split was in Rig.  Spotted the onscreen SparkSDR setup page notes for WSJTX setup and I switched WSJTX radio mode = None and Split = Fake , and that works OK now.

Tried PowerSDR 3.50, changed WSJTX setup radio Mode = None or USB and Split = None. IT now works. First TX from WSJT-X Tune button, the Power SDR VFO B was on the old band.  2nd Tune button hit, VFO B updated to match VFO A.  Something going on there.

Got back to Thetis, tried the same WSJTX settings as PowerSDR, and it works.  Whether hitting the WSJTX or the Thetis TUNE buttons, I only get Fwd Pwr = 0 though, I can see the spectrum rise and fall with WSJTX power slider adjustment. I also noted the ammeter in the bottom status pane is always 0.00A.  Current reading works in PowerSDR 3.50 OK.   I assume Thetis is fork of PowerSDR 3.5 so hopefully the fix is easy to find there.

So if you set the right Mode and Split in WSJT-X settings, things seem to work.  Get it wrong and the rigctl lets you know quickly.  I use WSJT-X configurations tailored for each SDR app.

- Mike

K7MDL

May 16, 2021, 2:09:15 AM5/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
I had no power out or current draw in TX in Thetis B4 because I did not have the Settings->PA control->PA enable checked to ON.  4W out, 1.22A, temp rising as it should now.  I could also use Data/Pkt, split none OK now.  As the layouts of each SDR app are different, I am discovering where the various settings locations.

Still had the problem of the first WSJT-X TX not updating VFO B until TX has ended, then it is correct thereafter until the next band change.  VFO-B was active, the Thetis Settings VFO B checkbox was cleared, but split was on from WSJTX.  It was being stubborn about turning off so was interfering with otherwise acceptable mode and split settings in WSJTX when going to TX.  After trying several things and restarting WSJTX and Thetis, turning off split in Thetis and WSJTX, testing the PTT each time, split turning back on each time, there appeared to be a queue of commands, including toggling TX, that suddenly released and split finally turned off and stayed off. VFO B grayed out and thus no more problems, WSJTX Fake It and None options now work.

It appears there is an issue with using Split mode with WSJT-X (using DigU mode in Thetis) and once split is enabled, it can take some work to get it truly turned off again.

- Mike

Steve Haynal

May 16, 2021, 7:48:29 PM5/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you are sorting out your problems. It would be interesting to understand why you originally had a network connection that would drop. Others report this too, and I am wondering if there is some common setup issue here.

73,

Steve
kf7o

K7MDL

May 17, 2021, 10:28:56 PM5/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
I wish I knew what it was also, seems like most things I control are back to where they were when I started out.  Renabling the wireless made no impact.  I will have another shot at a clean slate install very soon on my Surface Pro 3.  Maybe it will show up there.

wj.sz...@gmail.com

May 29, 2021, 8:03:31 PM5/29/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi All,
Does anyone of you experience the same that only the markers in the "J16 pin" boxes from the 160 meter band work that have the effect of changing filters? Regardless of what band HL2 is currently on. They always work. On all bands.
Only the boxes marked  green have the effect of changing filters .
So when we switch, for example, to the 20 meter band, the filters set for the 160 m band will turn on. Not those marked for the 20 meter band.
notworkingpins.jpg

73, Joe

wj.sz...@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 8:03:27 AM5/30/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi again,
The reason was that HL2 was taking the QRG information from VFO "B" instead of "A".
Happened even when VFO "B" was off for TX, split was not used.
Correct operation was restored after the marker was removed (turned off) from "Split pins". Or by moving the marker to the "4x3 Split" position. The attached screenshot illustrates this.

73 es GL,
Joe, LB1HI
Splitpins.jpg

Reid Campbell

Nov 4, 2021, 9:13:05 AM11/4/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Group,

Here is the formal release of a version 2.8.12 of Thetis which better
https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/download/v2.8.12/Thetis_2_8_12.zip

As always, no guarantees or warranties. Reports and comments welcome.

Sorry about the late arrival of this release. I though I had until the
8th November, but who decided that months should come first in a date :-)

Cheers

Reid

Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Reid Campbell

Nov 4, 2021, 9:16:17 AM11/4/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Group, (second go, link broken)

Here is the formal release of a version 2.8.12 of Thetis which better
supports the HL2:

https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/tag/v2.8.12
https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/download/v2.8.12/Release_2_8_12.zip

Juergen Hussels

Nov 4, 2021, 10:20:44 AM11/4/21
to Reid Campbell, Hermes-Lite
Hi Reis,
it's for sure not your fault - but Virustotal is detecting a false positive in thetis.exe. Even when compile it by myself.

Many thanks for the quick release.

Cheers

Juergen

Juergen Hussels

Nov 4, 2021, 10:35:45 AM11/4/21
to Reid Campbell, Hermes-Lite
Hi Reid, (sorry for the misstype first time)

Virustotal is detecting a false positive in thetis.exe and Windows, too.

brhl...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2021, 11:10:11 AM11/4/21
to Hermes-Lite
Audio mute does still not working.

Jon

Nov 4, 2021, 7:20:03 PM11/4/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Reid,

I downloaded the Release_Release_2_8_12.zip file and Windows Defender is warning me about a  Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Never had a problem with your files before, not sure if it is a false positive or what.

Anyone else had any issues?

Jon

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:31:51 AM UTC-7 scumballc...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

David Porter

Feb 10, 2022, 7:03:21 PM2/10/22
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Reid and group,
I'm late to the party on this topic, but even late praise seems warranted.

I got a GPSDO a while back and for about 10 days devoured all that had to be done to make it work with the HL2.  As I am still on the steep end of several learning curves, this was initially confusing and anxiety producing.  Then I saw the box in Thetis 2.8.12 Setup/General/F/W Set for Ext 10 MHz (CL1 input).  I remembered that the presence of this box was one of the things that pushed me over the edge to get the GPSDO.  I checked the box and everything worked!  Now even when I zoom the waterfall to the max, nearly every broadcast band station lines up right on the 10KHz marker, and the frequency correction factor is always 1.00000000.  For those of us with "just enough OCD" this is very satisfying.  Thank you.

If Steve is reading this, yes, the TCXO is very good by itself.  Its limits are in the just noticeable category, but annoying to the OCD afflicted.

Now to start some more learning curves: Windows VM, Linux, and GNU Radio.

Thanks again,
Dave, AA3UR