HL2 & Yaesu full CAT control

Fuco EC3DR

Sep 7, 2024, 5:31:06 PMSep 7
to Hermes-Lite
I am using the HL2 to receive and a Yaesu device to transmit, I use a coaxial relay to switch TX/RX, I am wondering if it is possible to use thetis to drive both devices at the same time and use it by turning the dial on the Yaesu (or the HL2 via software).

dh1tt

Sep 8, 2024, 11:39:08 AMSep 8
to Fuco EC3DR, Hermes-Lite

Unfortunately I can't answer your question. But can I ask you why you want/need to use the Yaesu as a TX? I just want to understand.

Thanks

Fuco EC3DR <fuco....@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 7. Sept. 2024, 23:31:
I am using the HL2 to receive and a Yaesu device to transmit, I use a coaxial relay to switch TX/RX, I am wondering if it is possible to use thetis to drive both devices at the same time and use it by turning the dial on the Yaesu (or the HL2 via software).

Fuco EC3DR

Sep 8, 2024, 2:12:12 PMSep 8
to dh1tt, Hermes-Lite
Hi, the answer is simple... 100w

Mike Lewis

Sep 8, 2024, 2:17:37 PMSep 8
to Fuco EC3DR, dh1tt, Hermes-Lite

Have you looked at using one of the CAT interfaces?  Never tried them but seems like they may be there for such purposes.

Ed Grafton

Sep 8, 2024, 3:41:20 PMSep 8
to Hermes-Lite
Just get a 100W amplifier that has LPFs for each band. Then, you can sell the yaesu. You really won't need it.
The HL-2 with a 100W amp, when set up properly, will outperform most HF rigs on the market.

Ed

francisco Antonio Royano

Sep 8, 2024, 3:52:40 PMSep 8
to Ed Grafton, Hermes-Lite

Greg VKthreeKV

Sep 8, 2024, 5:24:46 PMSep 8
to Ed Grafton, Hermes-Lite

I agree Ed .... unfortunately many do not seem to have the enthusiasm to research to understand the technical ability and performance the Hermes Lite 2 with Thetis has to offer which with Pure Signal and the TXEQ / DSP/ CFC 10 band EQ audio......well I sold my Yaesu FTDX10, Codan Envoy both commercial top rated SDR radios to use the $ to buy good quality output Amps..... Both with low input wattage to deliver full output power.... Can highly recommend and cannot see myself going back to traditional commercial corporate made radios.... The Open source software frequent firmware updates Reid and others provide plus technology performance growth......is second to none in amateur radio.....

Thank you so much to all the progressive and offering advancements..

Cheers,

Greg VK3KV

Fuco EC3DR

Sep 8, 2024, 6:24:11 PMSep 8
to Ed Grafton, Hermes-Lite
Yes, The idea is to temporarily use the Yaesu to transmit while I look for an economical option as an amplifier. I think that about 800/1k watts is good for dx activity but I am still looking for that option to sell the commercial equipment later.

El dom, 8 sept 2024, 21:41, Ed Grafton <yankn...@gmail.com> escribió:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hermes-Lite" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hermes-lite/eae34b4b-19e5-4b64-8c04-5190687c7a57n%40googlegroups.com.

Ron Lewkowicz

Sep 8, 2024, 11:05:54 PMSep 8
to Hermes-Lite
I think the way to look at this is to treat Thetis as radio 1 and your Yaesu as radio 2 then through hamlib and something such as rigsync (https://github.com/daveriesz/rigsync) the two are kept in sync.  rigsync is Linux and I'm sorry but I have no idea what might be available for windows.

Richard Saue

Sep 10, 2024, 1:02:44 AMSep 10
to Hermes-Lite
Software Defined Connectors - SDC - can do what you want if you activate the TCI server in Thetis. Go to http://lw-sdc.com and look up the "Rig-sync" section in the SDC user manual.

73 de LB2EG Richard

Fuco EC3DR

Sep 10, 2024, 11:34:54 AMSep 10
to Richard Saue, Hermes-Lite
Thanks for all the answers, I will have my amplifier here soon