Hardware Testing

Christopher Rickers

May 20, 2023, 7:06:40 PM5/20/23
to Hermes-Lite
I just assembled the Hermes 2 kit I purchased from Makerfabs and was wondering if these resistances are correct. On the "Hardware" page on github it says all of these resistances should be above 500 Ohms, but two of them are less than 200 ohms. Does this make sense?  Thanks
3.3V to Gnd - 824 Ohm;
2.5V to Gnd - 196 Ohm;
1.2V to Gnd - 196 Ohm;
Vbias to Gnd - 23.8 KOhm;
Vsupply to Gnd - Infinite;
Vop to Gnd - 1.63 KOhm;
3.3V to 2.5V - 2.16 KOhm;
3.3V to 1.2V - 1.86 KOhm;
2.5V to 1.2V - 1.23 KOhm

Chris VE3MCX

Steve Haynal

May 22, 2023, 1:24:35 AM5/22/23
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Chris,

I think you are okay. We've seen a lot of variation from that github page, due partly to different builds and different ohm meters. Even at 2.5V, 196 Ohms should draw about 12mA of current, which is not a dangerous amount here. Only 6mA for the 1.2V.

73,

Steve
kf7o