Hardrock 50 interface kit

Joel Caulkins

Jun 15, 2021, 4:48:27 PM6/15/21
to Hermes-Lite

Hi to all,

I'm really enjoying my new HL2 and I have a Hardrock 50 amp that I would like to use with it occasionally. Has anyone offered a interface kit, if not, did anybody offer the blank PCB's? I have never gone through one of the PCB houses and am not familiar with the process. Any help would be appreciated.

Joel
N6ALT

Bill Cox

Jun 15, 2021, 8:53:20 PM6/15/21
to Joel Caulkins, Hermes-Lite
I had Macrofab build 50 Infinite Noise Multipliers for me.  It was a small run, but they had a 100% yield, and charged so little for assembly that I believe they cannot survive at those rates.  If they can, then Makerfab would be foolish not to use them.

It was probably just a startup trying to buy market share, but even for 1 unit, Macrofab was so awesome, they'd put everyone else out of business if they could afford to continue with tose rates and that quality.

I haven't used them in a couple of years.  My best guess is that reality has to set in eventually.  If they are still that awesome, you folks would already be using them.

Bill

Bill Cox AI6SJ

Jun 15, 2021, 9:18:14 PM6/15/21
to Hermes-Lite
Oh, and of course, if all you want is a 1 or a few PCBs, use OSHPark.

Ray Deming

Jun 16, 2021, 11:51:07 AM6/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
I'm interested in this too. I am building a HR50 as I have time. I'm sure I can build something, but it would be easier if somebody had some bare boards or kits for sale.

Steve Haynal

Jun 16, 2021, 12:10:07 PM6/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi,

For Hardrock 50 interface, please see the IO wiki page and in particular the HR50 Interface Notes.

It is possible to add the DB-9 interface with some wiring and the existing back panel which comes with every HL2. Note that the back panel includes PCB traces on the inside to enable this. If you want the DB-9 level shifter board instead, please send me a note and I may be able to send you one as I had many made.

For PCB fabrication, please checkout
to compare prices from jlcpcb, oshpark, elecrow, pcbway and many others. I have used jlcpcb, oshpark, elecrow and makerfabs all with good results. Some places like jlcpcb will also do inexpensive turnkey assembly provided you use parts from their library:

73,

Steve
kf7o

Joel Caulkins

Jun 16, 2021, 12:39:27 PM6/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
Thank you Steve,

I was thinking that somebody would have already had boards made and might have some available. I'm kind of surprised MakerFabs isn't offering it as a kit or pre-assembled, probably not enough demand for it. The HR-50 will work without the interface in COS mode but would be nice to be automatic. Thanks for the HL2, great SDR radio.

Joel
N6ALT

Bill Cox

Jun 16, 2021, 4:51:16 PM6/16/21
to Joel Caulkins, Hermes-Lite
I would like to collaborate with you folks on a build of this, based on Steve's board.  I also need one.

E.g. one of us buys boards, maybe other parts, too.  Should we mod the board to add the 3.3k resistor as Steve suggested?  Through hole resistor, right?

In general I prefer to be lazy when there's someone else who wants to do a job like this.  So if any of you is would be interested I would be happy to buy one of the kits from you.  Otherwise I am happy to volunteer to put them together, and sell them at cost.  I think it would just be a bag of parts that you would have to sold her together and install in your HF2, following the existing directions.

WDYT?

ron.ni...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 12:43:25 AM6/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
I have an HR-50 kit as well, so I would be happy to join a group buy for an HL2 interface board and pay whatever is appropriate.
73,
Ron
N6ywu

Steve Haynal

Jun 17, 2021, 2:13:21 AM6/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi All,

Just a few comments on this thread. First, I did not write the .pdf document. It was kindly written by a group member and HL2 user. Second, the DB9 board is not necessary to interface to the HR50. It is one of two options. It is possible to install the two required level shifters on the back panel which comes with every HL2 and wire those up to a DB9 connector. In both cases, you will want to add the pullup described in the .pdf document.

* Read about the 5 general purpose IO channels described here.
* Decide on the subset parts you will populate by studying the BOM and schematic
* Order the parts from Digikey or Mouser (It would be nice is someone set up a shared shopping cart or a shared BOM on the vendor site.)
* Assemble

If people are interested in the DB9 board approach, I have at least 30 unpopulated boards. I will gladly send them all to a volunteer who is willing to organize any kitting or distribution.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Bill Cox

Jun 17, 2021, 2:25:04 PM6/17/21
to Steve Haynal, Hermes-Lite
Hi Steve.  I'm interested in the boards.  Maybe send me just five?  If I manage to get them to work in a kit and get one or two others to successfully use them then don't be surprised if I ask for more ;)

Steve Haynal

Jun 17, 2021, 2:56:41 PM6/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill,

Okay. Is your address on www.qrz.com for AI6SJ correct?

73,

Steve
kf7o

Bill Cox

Jun 17, 2021, 5:10:37 PM6/17/21
to Steve Haynal, Hermes-Lite
Unfortunately no I need to update it.  Looks like I'll need my FRN wishes in California while at the moment I'm in Florida.  I'll fix that when I get home.  My new address is

10 Midway Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hermes-Lite" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hermes-lite/26c0f0f5-8906-4464-a822-c9113dbd9776n%40googlegroups.com.

Steve Haynal

Jun 21, 2021, 1:27:11 AM6/21/21
to Hermes-Lite
I sent some boards on Friday.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Bill Cox AI6SJ

Jun 21, 2021, 9:40:31 PM6/21/21
to Hermes-Lite
They got here today!  Thanks!

I'm in the "Final assembly step for my HR-50, so hopefully not many days away from building up the interface kit.  I'll share a cart for the bits I'll need to build it, and try to make them available to folks on this list at cost.

I'm having much fun with my HL2!  Thanks for designing such a great kit!

Bill AI6SJ

Bill Cox AI6SJ

Aug 8, 2021, 10:03:25 AM8/8/21
to Hermes-Lite
Sorry for the long delay, but I burnt up a bunch of parts on my first HR50 build by accidentally swapping the IN and OUT cables.  There was enouigh else wrong with that build that I orded and built a new one, but there was about a month delay in getting the kit due to part shortages.  I've built a fully functional HR-50 now with the ATU.

I'll build an interface to the HR50 as described on this thread in the next week or so and let folks know how it went.

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 11, 2021, 2:35:30 PM8/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
I ordered enough parts to build 5 level shifter boards.  If you need one, let me know.  Parts will arrive over the next week, and there is not much work putting them together, so I'll just do the other 4 when doing mine.  Steve donated the boards and design for free, so I'll do these 4 for free as well.

cwbr

Aug 11, 2021, 7:26:41 PM8/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill,
I could use one if you have a spare. Have been switching bands on my Hardrock manually and would be nice to have it automated.

Thanks,
Karl - W5QJ

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 11, 2021, 9:39:57 PM8/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
OK, the second functional unit is yours.  I can't promise any will function, but it looks very simple, so I think it will work out.  If I don't distroy any of the 5 boards Steve sent me, then there can be up to three more folks who can get one.  Just chime in here, and I'll add you to the list.

Ray Deming

Aug 11, 2021, 9:54:08 PM8/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
I'd like to have one too.

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 11, 2021, 11:48:09 PM8/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
OK, I've added hurric... to the list.

cwbr

Aug 12, 2021, 12:17:16 AM8/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
Thank you Bill.  Please let me know what I owe you.

Karl - W5QJ
Message has been deleted

Ron Spicuzza

Aug 12, 2021, 8:27:00 AM8/12/21
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hope in not to late, please add me to the list. thank you
Ron Spicuzza
KB3EDF

Ron Spicuzza
23180 Piney Wood Circle
California, MD 20619
(301) 904-2149

Anthony N1IG

Aug 12, 2021, 8:29:26 AM8/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
actually I'n not really ready to do the HR50 yet, so please disregard my previous request for one of your kits.

Anthony - N1IG

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 12, 2021, 8:17:32 PM8/12/21
to Hermes-Lite
OK, that's three.  I'm going to solder the 2 surface mount components and pullup resistor by hand under my microscope, along with soldering the board to the DB9 connector.  I might throw in some heatshrink around the jumpers that cross all the way to the front, if that works well.  The danger to the boards is that I have no macular vision, which is why my soldering is horrifying.  But, I refuse to stop building stuff... just more of it burns up!  There is a small chance I'll get all 5 boards right, so one more could contact me for it, but don't count on me getting all 5 working.

There's no charge this time around.  I'm enjoying the chance to solder stuff together again.  I'll try to figure out what the best kit would be for this, and if it becomes popular enough that providing them for free is painful, I'll put them on Tindie at-cost.  Ideally, they'd be popular enough to buy from Makerfabs, but I'd be surprised to get there.

I prefer the board form-factor over modding the back plate because folks can just order the kit, build it, and install it without mucking around too munch... having to solder to the 3.3V trace on the dual-header connector is a bit scary, though.

Bill

stephen pearce

Aug 13, 2021, 12:37:25 AM8/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
de zl1any
Could you consider one for me .. happily pay postage and any other costs ... could not seem to find your email .. locked out of reply to sender
73s
de stephen

e male

pearce dot sg at gmxxl dot com

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 13, 2021, 8:45:17 AM8/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Sure, I've added you to my list, but I give at best a 50-50 chance I'll get all 5 working.  If I do, don't worry about the cost.  Literally, the postage to New Zeland will dominate.  Transistors and resistors now days are almost free, the 5 jumpers are less than $0.50, and the only part that is > $1 is the actual connector at around $2.50.  If we ever meet in person, maybe you can buy me a beer and we'll call it even :)

Steve Haynal

Aug 13, 2021, 3:49:19 PM8/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill and Group,

Thanks for organizing this. I have more blank PCBs I can send to you or anyone else who would like to build this. I don't want to send out individual boards as it it a lot of work. But I will send out a batch of 10 or 20 to someone willing to build and/or distribute them.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 13, 2021, 9:14:57 PM8/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Thanks again, Steve.  After assembling the first five boards you sent me, I might ask for more.  I might alternatively make a board mod to add the pullup, and see what Microfab or others would want now days to send me boards with the surface mount parts installed, or maybe I'll order a stencil and do it myself,  One way or another, I want to help folks with their HR-50 interfaces.  It seems like a nice starter project for me.

Bill

Bill AK3Q

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 15, 2021, 10:06:51 PM8/15/21
to Hermes-Lite
Here's the first one I built for myself whichever is is not yet.  The absurdity of the soldering in the level of clogenous is the new personal best.  I used epoxy over the resistor to make a makeshift additional pin for the jumper.  Even in this lores image I'm sure you can see my solder globs.  I'm happy to make four more of these for those who are willing to accept this level of work.PXL_20210816_010629830.jpg

Anthony N1IG

Aug 16, 2021, 7:32:10 AM8/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
I think that you did fine.

Anthony - N1IG

Karl Heimbach

Aug 16, 2021, 8:29:18 AM8/16/21
to herme...@googlegroups.com

Looks nice Bill. I couldn't do it.

Karl - W5QJ

Bill Cox

Aug 16, 2021, 8:29:03 PM8/16/21
to Karl Heimbach, Hermes-Lite
OK, I've got 4 kits ready to ship.  The list of folks I'll ship to is:

Karl - W5QJ
Ray Deming
Ron Spicuzza KB3EDF
zl1any

Unless I hear otherwise in the next day or so, I'll ship yours to the address I find in qrz.com.  These 4 are clones of the one I built for myself, which is currently working well.  I built these to use a modem crossover cable, so it is a bit different than the ones described to date.  I'll write up a Google doc and share it on this list.

If you want to get a head start, go ahead and order your DB9 modem crossover cable.  I ordered the 1.5" cable from Amazon.

If there are others who want one, let me know.  I'll start a waiting list.  If there are just one person a month or so, I'll ask Steve for more boards and continue building them manually, identical to the first 5.  If there are several a month, I probably need to have them built for me, which means spinning the board to make it more assembly-friendly, since I don't think assembly houses will solder on edge-mount connectors, but I'm not sure.

Bill

Karl Heimbach

Aug 16, 2021, 10:33:04 PM8/16/21
to Bill Cox, Hermes-Lite

Great news and thank you very much Bill.

Don't think I could solder one together myself.

Karl - W5QJ

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 17, 2021, 10:38:16 AM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi, Steve.  Seeing how there are currently no takers on my waiting list to build more interface kits, I think this looks more like one a month and less like multiple per week, so if you wouldn't mind, could you send me more boards?  15 should last me about a year.

Anyone who wants an interface kit just needs to send me a message or reply on this thread.  Just make sure your address on QRZ.com is current, since I'm mailing free kits only to hams with addresses properly registered with the FCC.

Bill AK3Q

Daniel Goller

Aug 17, 2021, 1:29:55 PM8/17/21
to Bill Cox AK3Q, Hermes-Lite
I have not expressed interest in it yet because it'll be a while before I have my HR50 and I even am still waiting on the HL2 as I just ordered the moment they became available, once I have both I planned to hit you up.
Having tried 5W for a while on my current radio I know I will want an amp, and 99% sure it'll be the HR50 as I also have another radio coming from hobbypcb.

Figured it won't hurt to let you know now as you seem to need numbers for long term planning too, not just current owners ready to use it.

Thanks for offering these.

Best regards,

Daniel
K5DRG

Joel Caulkins

Aug 17, 2021, 3:13:11 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill,  I would be interested in 1 kit, thanks.

Joel
N6ALT

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 17, 2021, 3:47:10 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
I've added you to my wait list.  I've got to order some more parts, and I need more boards, but as soon as I get them, I'll build some more.

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 17, 2021, 3:50:18 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
I've added you to the waitlist.

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 17, 2021, 4:02:13 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Here's a link to the initial installation doc.  I've created a short-link: bit.ly/HL2-HR50.

Kristofer Danner

Aug 17, 2021, 5:07:58 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite

Looks like you've connected to INTTR rather than EXTTR. I normally solder a header pin into the additional EXTTR connection which is a bit off the rear edge of the HL2 board rather than soldering onto the jumper board.

KD
hl2 harness.jpg

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 17, 2021, 7:31:42 PM8/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
Thanks for catching my mistake!  I've moved my own pin back to 15 on the header, though I agree that installing the header pin on the board is cleaner.  I'll update my build doc.

gerry kavanagh

Aug 18, 2021, 11:28:32 AM8/18/21
to Hermes-Lite

Hi Bill...
Also interested.
Regards
Gerry

Bill Cox AK3Q

Aug 18, 2021, 10:24:15 PM8/18/21
to Hermes-Lite

I've shipped the initial 4 interface kits, so Karl, Ray, Ron and zl1any, please contact me if you don't receive it in a week (maybe a bit longer for zl1any).

paul chancellor

Aug 19, 2021, 10:03:54 AM8/19/21
to Bill Cox AK3Q, Hermes-Lite
Bill,

I am late to this thread and catching up.  Please put me on the list for an interface kit.

Paul
KN6IXX

Paul Chancellor
694 Longpine
Eclectic, AL  36024

--
Paul D. Chancellor
OCEAN LAW

darrell....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2021, 8:40:36 PM8/19/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill,

I hope you can add me to the wait list for two interface kits.

Darrell / WW4F

Bill Cox

Aug 22, 2021, 3:31:59 PM8/22/21
to darrell....@gmail.com, Hermes-Lite
Done.  You're on my waiting list.

DL6MHC

Aug 29, 2021, 7:33:40 AM8/29/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill,

is there a kit left for me? I have the HR-50 as well as the HL2 (since yesterday) and really need to automatically switch bands on the Hardrock.

Thanks for your efforts!

73
Michael, DL6MHC

harya sidharta

Aug 29, 2021, 8:22:02 AM8/29/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi All,
Could any body tell how to fix " ADC 1 Over load "
I am Running HPSDR

Regards

Harya
de YC1SEI

Tom Moll

Aug 30, 2021, 2:26:53 PM8/30/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill, I would appreciate also getting on your list for one of these interface kits.
Tnx, Tom N0BS

bill K7WXW

Aug 31, 2021, 2:11:10 PM8/31/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill - My Hermes gear just arrived. If you do another run of PCBs, please add me to the list!  Thanks, Bill K7WXW

Steve Haynal

Aug 31, 2021, 9:53:35 PM8/31/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Harya,

Make sure your LNA gain is at a reasonable level, usually +12 to +24 dB. Make sure you engage the HPF if not on 160M. There can be a lot of interference below 2MHz at some locations. Please see the YouTube videos for example filter setup.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Robert Benedict

Sep 2, 2021, 7:44:21 PM9/2/21
to Hermes-Lite
I would also like an HR-50 interface.
   Thanks
       Bob KD8CGH

Bill Cox

Sep 3, 2021, 11:40:46 AM9/3/21
to bill K7WXW, Hermes-Lite
Hi, Bill.  You're at the top of the list for the next batch.  It might be 3 or 4 weeks, but I'll do another one.

Bill Cox

Sep 3, 2021, 11:42:07 AM9/3/21
to Robert Benedict, Hermes-Lite
Hi, Robert.  Your 2nd on my list for the next batch I make.  I built 14 this time, but I kept 2 for myself :)  I'll probably make more in 3 or 4 weeks.

73
Bill ak3q

Bill Cox AK3Q

Sep 3, 2021, 11:50:43 AM9/3/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi, folks. I've built 12 interface kits that I'll ship out this weekend. I've tested each, and they work with my HL2.

Please contact me if your address is different than what I find in qrz.com!  I am going to send kits to addresses I find there unless I hear otherwise.  The list of folks getting kits in this batch are:

Daniel K5DRG
Joel N6ALT
Charlie W0CDW
Gerry Kavanagh
paul chancellor KN6IXX (I have your address, in Eclectic, AL)
Darrell WW4F
Paul Cecil KA5FPT
Frank Romeo, N3PUU
Sven Palmersjö SM6FMB (I have your address in Styrso)
Jason N4OQ
Michael DL6MHC
Tom N0BS

If I've missed you, sorry!  I'll make more in a few weeks.  Just send me an email, and I'll add you to the list.  I still have 30 boards, and I'll keep making them until I run out.

73
BIll ak3q

Franz Schöning

Sep 3, 2021, 12:23:49 PM9/3/21
to Bill Cox AK3Q, Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill,

Please add me to the list.

73
Franz DO3PBE

svem...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2021, 11:22:19 PM9/3/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill!
I have been on that address in Styrsö since 1985, so no problem with address in QRZ.COM.
73 de Sven SM6FMB

Joel Caulkins

Sep 13, 2021, 4:45:31 PM9/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill,

I received my interface board and have it installed, thank you. Can I pay you for the time and materials? Also wondering if there is a chart somewhere showing how to connect to the HL2. I know which header it plugs to but don't which pins. Any help would be appreciated. I looked the WiKi over but didn't find the answer.

Joel
N6ALT

Bill Cox AK3Q

Sep 13, 2021, 9:51:16 PM9/13/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi, folks.  There is no need to pay me anything for these interface kits.  I enjoy building them, and Steve provided the design and boards for free.  In all cases, shipping dominates over the part cost.  If we ever meet in person, feel free to buy me a beer and we'll call it even.

Everyone who gets one of the kits should go to bit.ly/HL2-HR50 for installation instructions.

I still have not shipped 3 kits to folks outside the US.  I was waiting for everyone to send me their address.  I have Sven's, Michael's DL6MHC, but I am missing Charlie W0CDW.  Charlie, if you read this, send me your shipping address!  Your exact address is not listed in qrz.com.

73, Bill ak3q

Bill Cox AK3Q

Sep 18, 2021, 11:59:06 AM9/18/21
to Hermes-Lite
I built 14 more interface kits this week.  I'll try to mail them out by Monday.  I'll be on vacation for a week after that, so some folks might get their kits a week late.

There are 8 people on my list to receive one:

Bill Hulley K7WXW
Robert Benedict
Lars Hansson
Franz DO3PBE, Franz Schöning
Dave N1AI
Charles Weerts
Ian Szekeres
Alan Hyde

I have 6 kits to spare, so if you  need one, let me know.

73, Bill ak3q

mr.ri...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2021, 2:54:51 PM9/18/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill,

I have a HR50 and a HL2. I'd like to try and hook them up together.
If possible I'd like to get one of the interface kits from you.

I'm good on qrz.com

Rick / N1GP

Joel Caulkins

Sep 18, 2021, 6:10:33 PM9/18/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Bill and all,

I have my interface kit all hooked up and working, thanks to everybody who made this possible.

Joel
N6ALT

Bill Cox

Sep 18, 2021, 6:35:45 PM9/18/21
to Joel Caulkins, Hermes-Lite
You're welcome!  And thanks again, Steve, for providing the design and boards.

jeffre...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2021, 9:50:41 PM9/19/21
to Hermes-Lite
I would appreciate a hard rock 50 board set.
Address is good on QRZ.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Jeff Kelly
K2SDR

Bill Cox

Sep 26, 2021, 7:19:58 PM9/26/21
to Hermes-Lite
I'm back from vacation and can send more HL2-HR50 interface kits.  If you sent me an email, and are not on this list, please send me another email to remind me to add you!  There are only 3 new requests for interface kits this week (so far), from:

  Nicholas VK2MYK
  Martin AA5UN
  Jeff K3SDR

If I said I'd add you, and you're not on this list, remind me!  I have at this point only 2 of the 14 new boards not spoken for, but I have 15 more boards to build, so after the first two new requests, I'll add folks to the list for my next (and probably final) build.

73 Bill ak3q

Salim Hameed

Sep 27, 2021, 12:30:35 AM9/27/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill, I (N8LI) am interested in a "HL2-HR50 interface kit" .

73 de salim N8LI

Bill Cox

Sep 27, 2021, 11:18:04 PM9/27/21
to Hermes-Lite
I've sent out all but one of my HL2-HR50 interface kits.  I shipped 3 of them to Alan Hyde in Austrailia, and he's agreed to forward one to Nicholas VK2MYK, and he'll have one in Austrailia for the next person down there who needs one.

If you want my last one, just let me know.  I'll probably build the final 15 of them in about 2 weeks from now.

73 Bill ak3q

dsolbe...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 9:11:40 AM9/28/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill,

Please add me to your list.  My address is good in QRZ.

Thanks,

73
Don K9AQ

Bill Cox

Sep 28, 2021, 8:59:25 PM9/28/21
to dsolbe...@gmail.com, Hermes-Lite
Done.  I'll probably build them in about 2 weeks, and shipping often takes me another week, so you should have your kit within a month.

73, Bill ak3q

Don Solberg

Sep 28, 2021, 9:19:09 PM9/28/21
to Bill Cox, Hermes-Lite
Awesome, thanks!

Don K9AQ

Bill Cox

Oct 1, 2021, 1:53:34 PM10/1/21
to Hermes-Lite
I built the rest of the HL2-HR50 interface boards.  I still have to test them, and assemble the kits, which have the board, 5 connection wires, and a single bare header pin.

I currently have only two people on the waiting list for new b

Nickolas KG4TOU
Don K9AQ

I have 16 untested interface boards, so probably 15-ish will be good.  That leaves ~13 unclaimed.  If you have an HR-50, and an HL2, feel free to ask for one of these interface kits.

This is the last build I plan on doing for these boards, since I'm' out of boards.  After this, I hope to build a more generic interface board with a microcontroller on it which can be used for more than just controlling the HR-0-50, but that project is very much up in the air.

73, Bill ak3q
Message has been deleted

G Ti

Oct 3, 2021, 8:13:58 PM10/3/21
to Hermes-Lite
Bill,

Can you please put me on your waiting list as well. Thank you very much!
My address in QRZ and HamQTH is up to date.

73, Guenter PA3HGC

Bill Cox

Thomas W8TAM

Oct 24, 2021, 8:57:51 PM10/24/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hey Bill!

Are any of the interface boards still available?

I'm interested.

73,
-Thom
w8tam