HL2 Issue after installing IO Board

Gus W9SSN

Jun 19, 2024, 7:56:49 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
I recently acquired an HL2 that was working seemingly fine connected directly to my iMac running SparkSDR. I received the IO Board from Makerlabs a couple of days ago and installed it this morning. I reconnected the HL2 to the direct Lan connection to my computer, but the Run and TX lights just flash continuously as well as the green light on the Pi Pico. I do not see anything coming through on SparkSDR nor do I hear any signals. SparkSDR seems to see the HL2 as it is showing up with an address of 169.254.19.221. I have not done anything with the IO Board other than connect it to a PC via the tiny USB port to confirm it connected as a mass storage device when the PiPico button was depressed while plugging in the USB. Am I missing anything here? I may try to uninstall the IO board and reconnect to the iMac to see if it works with the IO board out.

Mike Lewis

Jun 19, 2024, 9:14:06 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Gus W9SSN, Hermes-Lite

Check out this page.  What are the other LEDs doing?

Gustav Schmidt

Jun 19, 2024, 11:07:59 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Mike Lewis, Hermes-Lite
Well initially the first ADC light was also blinking and the last solid. But now both are solid. There is some activity on the ACT LED nit nothing on the LINK LED.

Mike Lewis

Jun 19, 2024, 11:32:51 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Gustav Schmidt, Hermes-Lite

According to Troubleshoot Network · softerhardware/Hermes-Lite2 Wiki (github.com)

So:

D2 Flashing Enet chip seeing clock signal so have connectivity but in idle mode so SDr app not connected with HL2

D4 Solid  = 1Gbps connection OK

D3 Flashing = IP address via APIPA which is a 169 address that you saw = OK (169.254.19.221 = HL2 factory default)

For PC to HL2 direct connection, no DHCP server, seems good so far.

If you saw the 169 address on the HL2 then likely your PC enet interface IP is also a valid 169 address but worth looking at.

Nothing obvious wrong yet (to me), you might experiment with some of the troubleshooting tips in the link above including trying on a DHCP network and paying attention to the Favor DHCP checkbox in SparkSDR.   Also try a different app like Quisk.

Reid Campbell

Jun 20, 2024, 3:44:50 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gus,

Just checking that you installed the extra headers when adding the I/O Board; those headers pick up power for the board.

The Pico will still connect to the PC as it is picking up power from the USB bus.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

On 20/06/2024 00:49, Gus W9SSN wrote:
I recently acquired an HL2 that was working seemingly fine connected directly to my iMac running SparkSDR. I received the IO Board from Makerlabs a couple of days ago and installed it this morning. I reconnected the HL2 to the direct Lan connection to my computer, but the Run and TX lights just flash continuously as well as the green light on the Pi Pico. I do not see anything coming through on SparkSDR nor do I hear any signals. SparkSDR seems to see the HL2 as it is showing up with an address of 169.254.19.221. I have not done anything with the IO Board other than connect it to a PC via the tiny USB port to confirm it connected as a mass storage device when the PiPico button was depressed while plugging in the USB. Am I missing anything here? I may try to uninstall the IO board and reconnect to the iMac to see if it works with the IO board out. --

Gus W9SSN

Jun 20, 2024, 6:54:51 PM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to Reid Campbell, herme...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: Literally did nothing and now my HL2 is working normally after powering it up and plugging in the antenna. Bizarre! Thanks to those who took the time to respond.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hermes-Lite" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hermes-lite/b06c83d9-124d-4eb6-bac5-418c393cf4de%40gmail.com.