13.8 volts through the KEY PTT jack

David Dill

Jun 11, 2024, 9:03:26 AMJun 11
to Hermes-Lite
Hermes friends,

While "experimenting" I accidentally sent 13.8 volts through my KEY PTT on the Hermes Lite.

Needless to say, my wonderfully operational Hermes Lite was no longer wonderfully operational.

I reset databases and tried the ring/tip reset.
I also looked over the boards and there is no visible smoking or damage to components.

On reboot, I have all four status lights but
while connecting to Thetis, the two ADC lights D4 and D5 go off.
The main relay connects on Thetis power up but there is no RF signal,
relays engage with band switching, but only a 600hz tone is heard, regardless of band or tuning.

Did I just smoke my new favorite radio?
Which is fine because I will order another one!
But what about this one?

Thanks for any insights.
Dave
W0NP

Steve Haynal

Jun 19, 2024, 11:39:58 PMJun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Dave,

I'd start by measuring all expected power supplies as described on this wiki page:

73,

Steve
kf7o