Re: Thermal paste or no when using shim?

Andrew Williss

Jul 1, 2024, 4:24:20 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to craig...@gmail.com, herme...@googlegroups.com

It refers to *conductive* thermal paste, i e electrically conductive. You need to use Thermal paste though.
Andy, VK5LA

On Sun, Jun 30, 2024, 12:54 AM Craig Cook <craig...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the instructions on the wiki are telling me not to use it and also to use it.

Snippet attached.

G4ZAL

Jul 1, 2024, 5:05:42 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Hermes-Lite
I'd suggest that it means thermally conductive paste but NOT electrically conductive.
The last thing you want is any excess electrically conductive paste in/around the PA area.
A thin smear of thermal paste on contacting surfaces is sufficient.

Craig Cook

Jul 1, 2024, 9:17:27 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Hermes-Lite
Ya, I realized that right after I posted that. I quickly deleted the post, but the emails went out. :)

Thanks guys!

-N7OR