I/O Board Configuration for Receive Only Antennas

Evan Bills

Sep 19, 2024, 3:46:56 PMSep 19
to Hermes-Lite
Hello all!

I have an I/O board en-route so that I can test a "receive only" antenna setup, with a separate antenna for transmitting.

Question for the group:  what needs to be done to the I/O board in order to achieve this?  I (currently) need no other functionality except the separate rx and tx antenna configuration.

Also, I use Linux and Quisk if that is relevant.

Thank you in advanced for your help!

James Ahlstrom

Sep 20, 2024, 12:43:39 PMSep 20
to Hermes-Lite
You need to program the IO board with one of the available softwares, such as n2adr_basic. Then in Quisk (or any other SDR software) choose to use J9 as the Rx input. In Quisk this option is on the Hardware screen and is called "HL2 Rx to J9".

Jim
N2ADR

Dan Porter

Sep 21, 2024, 2:22:01 AMSep 21
to James Ahlstrom, Hermes-Lite
Oops, I forgot about that part. Thanks Jim,  Dan

On Sep 20, 2024, at 12:43 PM, James Ahlstrom <jah...@gmail.com> wrote:

You need to program the IO board with one of the available softwares, such as n2adr_basic. Then in Quisk (or any other SDR software) choose to use J9 as the Rx input. In Quisk this option is on the Hardware screen and is called "HL2 Rx to J9".

Dan Porter

Sep 21, 2024, 2:22:01 AMSep 21
to Hermes-Lite

Hi Evan,

There is an option on the Quisk HL2 Hardware config screen:

I use the second option for my Wideband Rx Loop.

73, Dan AI2M

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 7.29.27 AM.png