Sixth beta release of Thetis v2.10.3.5

scumballc...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2024, 4:50:39 AMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite

This is the sixth beta release, v2.10.3.5-HL2 of Thetis for HL2.

Release now uses an installer
HL2 now uses common directory for database
Updated code base to latest official release (2.10.3.6 dev_3)
Updated to allow ASIO on Protocol 1, YMMV

WARNING
This release now contains an installer and will install in the same place as the official Thetis. If you have other Anan radios, this release will work with them, but you must define separate databases with the command line "-datapath" option.

More information on this can be found at Nigel (G4ZAL) blog,

 https://g4zal.blogspot.com/2024/02/multiple-instances-of-thetis.html

This release may need a reset of the database or even a complete rebuild of the setup. You may need to use the Ctrl key at startup to reset things. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Even though the release number is v2.10.3.5, it does include changes from the official code base for v2.10.3.6 which is currently in development.

It would be helpful if users could test this release and report bugs in Github, as this will probably be the same code that will appear in the next official Thetis release with HL2 support.

Details of the release can be found in the release notes accessible via the Thetis Setup panel.

No warranty or guarantee, use at your own risk. It should use its own database but do a backup of your current Thetis one just in case.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Ronald Meier

Jun 17, 2024, 7:14:48 AMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite
This release now contains an installer and will install in the same place as the official Thetis.

👍👍

Fudd Best

Jun 17, 2024, 9:36:32 AMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite
Installed, looks great, Beta5 DB import worked, no known problems, did not have to rebuild from scratch.
Running Thetis <-> Hermes L:ite2 <-> Micro PA50+ (with MRF186 upgrade) <->  RFKIT LDMOS final amp.

Thanks again.

Ronald Meier

Jun 17, 2024, 1:18:13 PMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite
In order to be sure, this still needs the original Thetis release from Ritchie to be installed first, not? And what if updated from 3.5 with beta 6 installed to 2.10.10.3.6 dev do we need to re-install beta 6?

Reid Campbell

Jun 17, 2024, 4:50:02 PMJun 17
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronald,

On 17/06/2024 18:18, Ronald Meier wrote:
In order to be sure, this still needs the original Thetis release from Ritchie to be installed first, not?

No, the installer will handle it all now, if I have done it right, which hopefully the user base out there will confirm for me.

And what if updated from 3.5 with beta 6 installed to 2.10.10.3.6 dev do we need to re-install beta 6?

Yes, as the 2.1.3.6 dev_3 will over write the 2.10.3.5 beta 6, but the dev_3 doesn't support the HL2. The plan at the minute, is for the 2.10.3.6 dev_4 to support the HL2. The 2.10.3.5 beta 6 is the equivalent of the dev_3 but with HL2 support.

If the 2.10.3.5 beta 6 goes according to plan, it will be turned into an proper HL2 release in my repo. I would then hope that future 2.10.3.6 release would come from the official Thetis repo.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Todd Boyden

Jun 17, 2024, 4:58:17 PMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite
I just upgraded and uninstalled both TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Thetis and  mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis and then only installed the new .msi from Reid. Works great, no double installed needed that I can see.

Keith ZL2TPQ

Jun 17, 2024, 5:05:15 PMJun 17
to Hermes-Lite
I have installed the new release, but during the start, progress stops with the following message.

Index was outside of the bounds of the array.
at Thetis.Console.GetState()
at Thetis.Console.initConsole()
at Thetis.Console.ctorctor(String[] args)
at Thetis.Console.Main(Sting[] args)

I assumed That the version was for HL2.    Any comments would be appreciated.
Keith B

Jörg Uthoff

Jun 18, 2024, 9:31:50 AMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
When I try to download the Beta 6 on a Windows 10 PC with Microsoft Defender, I will get a "Virus detected" message and the MSI download will be cancelled...

John Williams

Jun 18, 2024, 10:24:50 AMJun 18
to Jörg Uthoff, Hermes-Lite
I got the array error upon launch. Held CTRL key when launching and it got by the error and merged the DB. All seems to be working.

John

Jun 18, 2024, 11:16:51 AMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
I got the same Microsoft defender warning. I just bypassed it  and then I checked my PC and there are no viruses.

Roberto Bracconi

Jun 18, 2024, 12:57:13 PMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
Microsoft defender warning
Immagine 2024-06-18 174407.jpg
is not beautiful
I haven't done any upgrades yet
73 Robert

Heath Petty

Jun 18, 2024, 5:56:57 PMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
Yes, I can confirm that thetis does contain a virus, its called the ham radio virus. If you get infected with it you become obsessed with all things radio. Other symptoms include heightened desire to build antenna, or hang out with a bunch of other random people and talk about radios and wireless technology. You will also want to gather lots of extra equipment, thus causing a chronic empty wallet condition.

Hopefully people get the joke. I dunno why windows defender doesn't like this thetis release, windows is a mystery and I avoid it as much as I can. I wish that thetis ran on other platforms, because its a great SDR application.

Heath
Message has been deleted

Terry Genes

Jun 18, 2024, 6:15:21 PMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
I have same issue and reverted to earlier version

de G4POP

Charlie Morrison

Jun 18, 2024, 6:38:31 PMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite
All working fine here, no issues whatsoever

Charlie GI4FUE

Todd Boyden

Jun 18, 2024, 7:56:30 PMJun 18
to Hermes-Lite

Maybe this can help some folks.
n.b. Bold font is for clarity, not for passive-aggressiveness. HI HI

If you get a pop up saying "Windows protected your PC" when you run the installer, it is just telling you that Windows doesn't recognize the app (in this case it's probably that MI0BOT isn't signing the installer, which is OK if you trust the source. Which you do if you've been downloading all the previous MI0BOT builds as zip files). You can still click "More info" and then "Run anyway".

If you get a warning about a virus, double check where you're downloading from. You should only be downloading from GitHub https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/tag/v2.10.3.5-beta6

If you're really worried, right-click the installer and "Scan with Windows Defender". It should say "0 threats found" and "2086 files scanned".

@Reid, would you be willing to start publishing the SHA256 of the installer that you upload? It would probably help put anxious minds at ease.

@Roberto Bracconi I can't replicate the Trojan/Wacatac error you got. Can you let us know what result you get when you scan that file directly with Windows Defender?

Charlie Rubenstein

Jun 19, 2024, 1:02:40 AMJun 19
to Todd Boyden, Hermes-Lite
Todd,

We downloaded from the github link you put in your email, and Windows is reporting a Trojan Virus on Windows 10.

Terry Genes

Jun 19, 2024, 5:21:31 AMJun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Well I just tried again using the link you provided and scanning the file, no virus, firewall and virus checker turned of but still same result, so will re-install old version or perhaps revert to SDR Radio Consul

de G4POP

Untitled.png

Reid Campbell

Jun 19, 2024, 7:55:46 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

That's an interesting error and I think I know were it's coming from. The old HL2 releases used a Thetis-HL2-x64 directory to store the database but the official Thetis used Thetis-x64. We are migrating to a common code base, so the HL2 has to fall in line and use Thetis-x64.

In the newest release I renamed the Thetis-HL2-x64 directory to Thetis-x64. If there is already an existing Thetis-x64, because the user also has an Anan, I rename it to Thetis-x64.bak. Now if you have had a problem installing, it is possible that here is already a Thetis-x64.bak, hence the error.

Have a look in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\ and remove the Thetis-x64.bak or rename it to something else if you have an Anan, so you don't lose its settings.

If you need to run a HL2 and an Anan, have a look at Nigel (G4ZAL) blog,

 https://g4zal.blogspot.com/2024/02/multiple-instances-of-thetis.html

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Terry Genes

Jun 19, 2024, 9:05:08 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite

Hi Reid,

Just renamed the file as suggested and then a fresh download and instal attempt with the msi and same message during startup

Untitled.png

73 Terry

Terry Genes

Jun 19, 2024, 9:06:17 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Sorry meant to say folder not file

Reid Campbell

Jun 19, 2024, 9:25:41 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried holding the Ctrl key down while starting, you have to hold it until a message appears.

Terry Genes

Jun 19, 2024, 9:33:57 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Bingo!

Althought I tried that before I renamed the folder I had not tried since and that did the trick

Thank you for your help, keep up the good work

73 Terry G4POP

Message has been deleted

Terry Genes

Jun 19, 2024, 11:47:36 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
The one to delete is this one  Thetis-x64.bak

73 Terry G4POP

On Wednesday 19 June 2024 at 15:18:08 UTC+1 Barry Jablonski wrote:
Hi Terry,

Try deleting the old Thetis-x64 directory under AppData

   C:\User\yourname\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64

and then re-install.

Barry - WB2ZXJ

Omega Cinc

Jun 19, 2024, 6:55:58 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
I have the same problem. Even after start with CTRL key...

Amadeu, EA3OW

El dia dilluns, 17 de juny del 2024 a les 23:05:15 UTC+2, Keith ZL2TPQ va escriure:

Omega Cinc

Jun 19, 2024, 6:55:59 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Hi all,
I have tried all and I am still have the same problem on W10.

Amadeu, EA3OW

El dia dimecres, 19 de juny del 2024 a les 17:47:36 UTC+2, Terry Genes va escriure:
ThetisError.jpg

Pat Lefebvre

Jun 19, 2024, 10:00:25 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to Hermes-Lite
Hello all, I uninstalled Thetis from Control panel on win10, after exporting DB from the previous beta version. then installed ver6 beta. rebooted. started. Zero issues. next enabled the CMASIO registry modification, restarted Thetis, and now everything works perfectly without VAC. It works exactly the same as my Anan 8k on Thetis on another PC.
As mentioned in the read me file, YMMV. I run a Behringer UMC 202HD with zero issue on protocol 1 CMASIO and the HL2. Thank you Reid MI0BOT! Great Work!!

Reid Campbell

Jun 20, 2024, 3:41:47 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amadeu,

I think you might be best to bite the bullet and uninstall Thetis and delete or rename

 C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\ directory

Then do a fresh install with the beta6. If you database has gotten corrupt, it is best not to save it and re-import, as you will be bring back the problem.

Not ideal not but it should get you going again.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Scott Strehle

Jun 20, 2024, 3:48:44 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Hermes-Lite
I uninstalled, erased HL2 version and the app data folders and renamed the database folder.  Install worked flawlessly and implemented cmasio through the registry and that is also working flawlessly. so far so good. vac was always fussy with my setup and this new method seems to work well.
Thanks for all the hard work put in by you guys to provide a great interface.
Scott
Kj7rhp

Reid Campbell

Jun 20, 2024, 4:20:19 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat,

I'll just mention here that the P1 CMASIO work was done by Bryan Rambo (cmASIO programmer) with the help of Sigi (DH1KLM). I didn't see any down side for including it, as it needs a registry tweak and it is enabled for all models, so Anan's stuck on P1 could use it.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Charlie Morrison

Jun 23, 2024, 1:17:40 PM (10 days ago) Jun 23
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Reid

How do i Implement the registry hack to use CMASIO?

73 from sunny Carrick

Charlie GI4FUE

G4ZAL

Jun 23, 2024, 1:50:40 PM (10 days ago) Jun 23
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Charlie and group,

Watch this video by MW0LGE (main developer of Thetis for Anan)...

It's what I used to set mine up and works fine with my Anan and HL2.

Nigel
G4ZAL

John Peterson