SDR Console no TX audio

Paul Keller

Apr 11, 2021, 12:24:27 PM4/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
 Hi,

I have a strange problem. I'm using HL2 to control a 2m Kuhne transverter with SDR Console.
On my laptop everything works fine, no problem.
Now I set up another PC (Desktop W10), checked all the parameters I can imagine, but I have no audio output on TX.
My setuo: Virtual audio cable, Line 1 for transmit, Line 2 for receive. I'm using CAT control, COM 15 to control HL2 and PA.
When I transmit, HL2 switches to transmit, PA goes on transmit, but no joy, no power output.
I checked audio control on SDR console, I can record my audio and replay it. Instead of Line 1, I used a USB headset, the same,
I can record my audio, but my audio does not modulate my HL2 transmitter.

Is there maybe a hidden parameter that does not allow audio going to my 192.168.x.x IP address ?

any ideas ?

73's de Paul HB9AXA

Steve Haynal

Apr 11, 2021, 11:37:13 PM4/11/21
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Paul,

There shouldn't be any hidden parameter blocking audio to an IP. For these types of problems you can differentiate between issues with audio or configuration of the radio by using tune. Most software sends synthesized IQ data when tune is engaged instead of audio. What happens with tune in Quisk or SparkSDR on your new computer?

73,

Steve
kf7o

radi...@mail.com

Apr 14, 2021, 11:20:47 AM4/14/21
to Hermes-Lite
Paul, I suggest you post this on the dedicated SDRC Forum. It sounds like a setting in SDRC:

https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/index.php

Post your text here (copy and pasted) but with FULL screenshots taken with the Screenshot tool within SDRC. Screenshot must include the TX DSP panel. Also on the screenshot make sure to show the "Radio" panel which (perhaps oddly) appears in the RX DSP panel, usually on left of screen.

 It's very unlikely to be anything to so with IP address. I am sure it must be something that can be solved. I (and many others) use SDRC with HL2 and it's a superb combination.

73

Max

Paul Keller

Apr 14, 2021, 5:35:07 PM4/14/21
to Hermes-Lite
 Thanks Max,

in the mean time I found out, that a ANAN-10  instead of HL2 is connected to SDR Console (the same configuration) I can modulate the ANAN-10.
There are other problems with the new PC W10. CAT doesn't work reliably (hamlib error), I have to use Radio = None and VOX to control the ANAN-10 with WSJT-X.
I'll investigate further, will forward to Simon when I found out more. As I said, with another W10 PC, I don't have all the problems.

73's de Paul HB9AXA

Paul Keller

Apr 16, 2021, 2:27:23 AM4/16/21
to Hermes-Lite
Partly solved, the reason why I got hamlib errors was, because I used the latest WSJT-X version (231). With the older version WSJT-X (221) which is installed on my Laptop, no problem.
Going back to 221 on the new PC solved the hamlib issue.

Still have the problem that I cannot modulate HL2 with my SDR Console. Same configuration using ANAN-10, no problem.

73's de Paul HB9AXA

Paul Keller

Apr 17, 2021, 11:37:40 AM4/17/21
to Hermes-Lite
problem solved, was operator fault. SDR Console expects two values of transverter oscillator frequency, 116MHz for 2m, 404MHz for 70cm.
These values have to be entered once for receive and one for transmit. So, I entered just the receive value and of course I could not transmit.
Thanks anyway for support. It was as we say a storm in the water glass

73's de Paul HB9AXA

console.PNG