Thetis Question

Craig Cook

Jun 30, 2024, 6:16:51 PM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to Hermes-Lite
This question only concerns the CWX form in Thetis.

I find it an easy way to casually call someone who is "running" in CW mode.

Does sidetone work? Using the CWX form?

I seem to have the settings right, but no joy.

Am I missing a setting or does this just not work?

Thanks!
N7OR

Steve Williams

Jul 1, 2024, 3:51:53 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Craig

I spent quite some time with this before deciding that Thetis does not play well with CW (CWX) as it does not appear to support sidetone. I even spoke with Richie LGE and he could not advise as he is not a CW op!  I ended up getting the plus board which although a clunky solution, enables sidetone (with a speaker plugged in).  Other than this, the HL2/Thetis is  a great combo.

73
Steve GW4OGO

Craig Cook

Jul 1, 2024, 6:25:51 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Hermes-Lite
I was only wondering. My Winkeyer plugged right into the Hermes has sidetone and I'm having a blast working some of the RAC contest guys today and even a couple stations in Europe with just the 5 watts.
I'm really liking Thetis for CW. I'm not much of an SSB guy.

Thanks!

Craig - N7OR