The Melbourne Show has come and gone

Lill Roberts

Oct 4, 2011, 4:44:02 AM10/4/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

G’Day Everyone,

We have ‘done‘ the Royal Melbourne Show.

There were heaps of people on the sunny days and a reasonable number on the days when the weather wasn’t so kind.

It was certainly an experience and while I’m not in a hurry to do it again, I’d never say never.  Jackie helped out during the weekends and this was a Godsend because we had to come home during the second weekend as we had no one here to look after those left behind.  Thanks heaps Jackie!!! It was a very long 10 days.

We made a number of contacts and at this stage we plan to be part of a ‘Goat Extravaganza’ in April next year in Bendigo.  It’s being organised by a man with dairy goats who had a stand near us.  For the most part we tried to impress in people’s minds that goats as well as sheep and alpacas contribute to the fibre industry.  By promoting the whole mohair industry, we felt that AHA would also benefit.  Our little girls we well behaved, however one was a bit out of sorts with a slight temperature, so we bought her home unshorn.  Luckily the lady who supplied the Cashmeres brought extra, so there were still enough to shear.

Anyhow, here are some photos of the big event.

Hope all is well with each of you and those expecting kids, all the best.

Regards,

Lill

roger trevor and sparkle on stage.jpg
shearing sparkle.jpg
our stand.jpg

Jackie Stenford

Oct 4, 2011, 4:50:08 PM10/4/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com, <heritage-angoras@googlegroups.com>
Hi Lil and all
I was more than happy to help. It was fun but like you, not something I need to do again in the near future!
Glad it all ended well.
Take care all
Jackie

Sent from my iPhone