rain

Valerie Donald

Aug 10, 2011, 7:31:59 PM8/10/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody

I am still in hospital and my poor goats are all out in the rain.  It's been raining cats and dogs for 2 days. I have been speaking to Christine Stanley and she still has her Angoras 10 does and 2 bucks. she intends to start breeding again when she has retired possibly about 18 months away. she is one of our old breeders and has the lovely Capella strain. So that is good news.  then if I can start again in 12 months time it is looking hopeful they won't disappear. It has been very wet her way too and she keeps them locked up in sheds when it is raining and plenty of hard feed chaff oats bran etc, hay and dry flooring. She gives hers Weet Bix as well and says they love them. I haven't heard of that one before. So all you other breeders please don't give up. I think the secret is the warm shedding and good roughage. which is all mine ever get.  Apart from keeping the worm burden down. Christine asked after you Jan and Barbara and hopes you are well. Anyone one who hasn't sent in the number of goats you have please do so.  are all the emails going out Jan?

Val

Breeder of Australian Heritage Angora Goats and English Donkeys

moh...@alphalink.com.au

http://mohair.alphalink.com.au

Preview and purchase my book on Australian Heritage Angora Goats at http://www.blurb.com/books/1295430