Australian Heritage Angora breeders

Valerie Donald

Mar 16, 2017, 5:36:16 AM3/16/17
to Heritage Angoras
I/ve just been reading through every ones posts. Haven't looked at it for quite a while. Quite a few breeders but no registrations for kids.
Is anyone still breeding. Please let me know. I have to cut down on my numbers and I am worried this strain will die out

Helen Repacholi

Mar 16, 2017, 7:33:43 PM3/16/17
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

Hi Valerie

my 5 goats were registered. I have since given my girls to Lill Roberts. I am not sure what has happened since.

Hope you are well

regards Helen

Helen Repacholi
Jacana Wetland Plant Nursery
Benalla  0439 623990
1482187047610_signature

Mar 16, 2017, 9:27:30 PM3/16/17
to heritage...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know HelenI don't think Lill is registering hers. No new ones anyway. The Rare Breeds will only recognise those that are registered with Erinac. There must be proof of breeding
I ve sold to so many people over the years. Barbara has given it away. Old age I guess like. me.
christine Stanley is the only other breeder and she has about 30'
I've got another buyer who is keen to keep them going. I will keep  about 6 I think
Regards

On 17 Mar 2017, at 10:33 am, Helen Repacholi <helenre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Valerie

my 5 goats were registered. I have since given my girls to Lill Roberts. I am not sure what has happened since.

Hope you are well

regards Helen

Helen Repacholi
Jacana Wetland Plant Nursery
Benalla  0439 623990
<OutlookEmoji-1482187047610_signature.jpg>

I/ve just been reading through every ones posts. Haven't looked at it for quite a while. Quite a few breeders but no registrations for kids.
Is anyone still breeding. Please let me know. I have to cut down on my numbers and I am worried this strain will die out

Lill Roberts

Mar 18, 2017, 12:02:26 AM3/18/17
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

G’Day Val and Helen et al,

I still have your goats Helen.

Sage is in with the buck this year.  The others are still happy in the paddock.  We are still breeding our goats Val.  I’m setting up a spread sheet which I can send to you.  This year we are trying to breed some more coloureds.

Blessings

Lill

image001.jpg

Val Donald

Mar 18, 2017, 12:44:37 AM3/18/17
to heritage...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lill
It is a pity there is not as many breeders now. They must be registered though Lill as the Rare breeds must have proof of their breeding to be accepted. and no doubt you have sold to other would be breeders. Of all the people I have sold to over the years you are the only one to keep breeding. Linda's friends are going to take quite a few of mine. They are very keen at the moment but everyone starts off like that.
hopefully shearing next weekend. They. have been left a bit too long. The fleece deteriorates if left on too long