new member

已查看 5 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jan Irving

未读,
2011年8月21日 19:39:562011/8/21
收件人 Heritage Angoras
Hello folks,

Helen of Benalla is now a member of this group - welcome Helen!

cheers
Jan

Helen Repacholi

未读,
2011年8月22日 06:29:352011/8/22
收件人 heritage...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jan

thanks for the contact regarding membership.  I will try to keep up with the discussions but don't have lots of time after work to be at the computer.  However I am making progress in my search for some angora goats to buy to start my flock.  Val and Lill have been very helpful.

Check out the photos of my new goat enclosure for night time penning - just two gates and a water connection to the trough to finish it off.  Very flash !

cheers helen

> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:39:56 -0700
> Subject: new member
> From: erin...@gmail.com
> To: heritage...@googlegroups.com
> --

goat pen inside.jpg
goat pen.jpg

Valerie Donald

未读,
2011年8月22日 19:53:512011/8/22
收件人 heritage...@googlegroups.com

Dear Helen

I love your shed. You won't have the problems that some of the new breeders have had this dreadfully wet and cold winter. they are hardy goats really as long as they have a shed so as they can get out of the cold if necessary and nice dry feet. You won't have any trouble getting them into the shed once they get used to the idea that there is a nice dish of yummy food waiting. Mine will go out in the rain even though they have a shed but will come back when they feel like it. If you follow my book as far as feeding goes you will do well. I don't particularly like goat pellets which is an easy way to feed but if you put some in water it just goes to mush.  the goat meal is quite good but I still add lucerne chaff and oaten chaff to it. Plenty of tree leaves if available and hay. I hope I can start breeding again in 12 months time.

I will be glad when my next op is over and done with

Regards

Valerie

Valerie Donald

未读,
2012年2月1日 04:44:002012/2/1
收件人 heritage...@googlegroups.com

Dear Helen

I am catching up on a few members tonight.

I know you bought some Angoras from Cindy and they haven't been transferred to your name (I forgot to mention that Cindy)

I vaguely remember that you had a kid Is this correct? If so it must be registered. We don't want to loose any of these lovely Angoras to our register. Sorry to be a pain but I am always encouraging people to register.

regards

Val

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:44:00 +1100

Valerie Donald

未读,
2012年2月10日 03:21:582012/2/10
收件人 heritage...@googlegroups.com

Dear Helen

Feb is a good time to shear. I've got my shearer booked. I like to shear in Feb and August. I like to shear them before they kid. Easy for the kids to find the teats and the does are more likely to stay in shelter. I've got one doe here that bleats quite a lot and she is 18 months. Your kid will probably grow out of it.  Are you going to breed this year?. I'm putting the buck in with my does late April unless they all have a mind of their own.  No-one has come into season yet.  The bucks haven't started spraying yet either. I hope they don't start before they are shorn.  The fleeces still have a bucky smell but not as strong

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子