Here are the photos that I want to share with you

Valerie Donald

Nov 6, 2011, 7:13:04 PM11/6/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

Here are the photos that I want to share with you.

I sent these photos using Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) Elements 6.0. Find out more: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

Dear Helen I don't know if these photos will come out on the Google groups. If not send me your email address and I will send them that way They are about 2 months old now

Val

P1010016.jpg
P1010018.jpg
P1010021.jpg
P1010022.jpg
P1010023.jpg

Helen Repacholi

Nov 17, 2011, 6:48:38 AM11/17/11
to Aus Heritage Angora Goats

Hi Val and other readers

thanks for the gorgeous photos of your kids Val - they are very sweet.  My little daisy isn't quite as big but  her little horn buds have come through. She is still
a bit nervous around me.  I check on the goats twice a day - am and pm,  and hand feed Nettie and Muriel but Daisy wont come near me.
I will process some photos of my goats and forward them on to you after the weekend.

I have sent off faecal sample from all 3 goats to the diagnostic lab in Benalla for a worm count.  If required they will be wormed this weekend.

I am constructing a small enclosure within the goat pen so  that I can manage the girls better to vaccinate, trim feet and check for lice.  I had a bit of a problem with lice on the goats before I went on holidays  and I think they may need treating again.

It would be nice to have some coloured goats one day - I re-read the email about the coloured kids for sale, and realised the kids were bucks.  I am after a few doe kids when available if anyone has some.  Daisy needs a little friend to play with.  She gets along well with Muriel.  However Nettie the mother of Daisy is a bit bossy and always butts Muriel when she is near their food - doesn't wont to share !

The website for the Para-Site Diagnostic Lab in Benalla (Lurg) is - www.parasite.com.au   Search : parasite diagnostic services Benalla
There is information regarding the cost for  testing, the type of testing available,  and how to collect the faecal samples etc.

The postal address is -
Para-Site Diagnostic Services
PO Box 924
Benalla 3672

Phone: 03 57664374

Cheers for now
Helen
Benalla NE Victoria

Valerie Donald

Nov 17, 2011, 9:30:45 PM11/17/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

dear Helen

I think you have my book so just check all the problems I had with lice. they are very hard to get rid of but it is worth persevering . Once you get rid of them you should be ok. I haven't had a problem for years. But if you bring in a new goat just assume it could possibly have lice and keep it separate from the rest until you are sure. Otherwise it is back to scratch again (literally)

regards

Val

Helen Repacholi

Dec 13, 2011, 6:14:29 AM12/13/11
to Aus Heritage Angora Goats

From: helenre...@hotmail.com
To: heritage...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Photos of the girls on Kilfeera Rd Benalla
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:35:19 +1100

Hello again

I have attached a photo of the 'girls'.  They all seem content with their daily treats.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Christmas.
cheers Helen

Taking in turn.jpg

Valerie Donald

Dec 13, 2011, 3:43:20 PM12/13/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

Dear Helen

They do look lovely. I hope everybody's goats are ok. We don't hear from other people much but I hope they are still keen to keep breeding as we have lost too many. It has been raining here for three days and I am totally sick of it. I am back to winter pyjamas. A Merry Xmas to everybody and those who are silent please email in and let us know how you are going

Val

Dec 14, 2011, 4:23:37 AM12/14/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
The photos of your girls look fantastic. They certainly look very happy.
My 3 remaining girls are doign much better. I have discovered the benefits of a zinc footbath, and since then they are playing in th epaddock like little children....with no limping at all. I am so pleased we seem to have gotten to a solution.
Hope you all have a great (and dry) xmas. Take care,
Jackie

I have attached a photo of the 'girls'.  They all seem content with their daily treats.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Christmas.
cheers Helen

Lill Roberts

Dec 15, 2011, 12:17:07 AM12/15/11
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

G’Day Everyone,

Thanks for the photo Helen.  Your does are very pretty.

I hope everyone has finished kidding and shearing and the work of the year is all but over.

All the best to everyone for a great Christmas and an even better new year.

Best wishes

Lill

Feb 2, 2012, 2:03:02 AM2/2/12
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everybody

I bet you thought you had heard the last of me for while. But I thought you might like to know this.

I was interviewed by Ann Cliff for the Town and Country Farmers magazine. She took lots of photos so hope they come out ok. It should be in the March/ April 2012 issue

Regards

Val

Lill Roberts

Feb 3, 2012, 6:19:27 PM2/3/12
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

G’Day Val and Everyone,

You have been busy at the keyboard.  Thanks for the info about the shears.  I’ve forwarded it on the Roger as he likes to look at mechanical things.

It’s good news about the Town and Country magazine writing another article.  I have a copy of the first one in addition to the electronic copy.  We’ll keep our eyes open for the March edition.

We are taking four of our does to the Korumburra show next Saturday.  One of the show organizers saw us at the Melbourne show and roped us in to do Korumburra.  Luckily it’s only a day and is just down the road.  It’s all good exposure for our wonderful breed.  I’m also planning to take my spinning wheel and spin some of the second clip fleece which was shorn at the Melbourne Show.  There are a lot of people who spin in this area. We are hoping to shear late this month or early March.

I do hope everyone is well.  It’s been a while since we had a discussion.  If there were any kids born this year which are not on PAIRS, could you let me know.  While I understand that PAIRS registration is necessary before we can call a goat a pedigree AHA, I’m still interested in numbers.

All the best

Helen Repacholi

Feb 9, 2012, 7:06:03 AM2/9/12
to Aus Heritage Angora Goats
Hello everyone.
All of my girls have been registered on PAIRs now - one under the name  Nabadi Daisy ( my only kid in 2011) , and Alloomba Muriel (previous owner Cindy Hume) was registered this year.   Nettie  was registered prior to buying her from Cindy Hume.   Intending to shear late Feb.

cheers Helen

From: li...@netspace.net.au
To: heritage...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Magazine