Korumburra Show

Lill Roberts

Feb 12, 2012, 7:55:48 PM2/12/12
to heritage...@googlegroups.com

G'Day Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you some pictures of our beautiful girls at the
Korumburra show. There is one of three of our 18 month old does and one of
Poppy and her kid Flanders.

We had good day and spoke to lots of people about mohair generally and AHA
specifically. We didn't win any prizes because we were not competing: rather
we were just there as a display. The local show society was happy to have
us because we increased the number of animals which people could see. I
would encourage anyone with AHA to contact your local show society and ask
if you could take your goats to their next show. Most country shows are
struggling a a bit and many would be happy to give you some space. In our
case it cost nothing and it's great marketing.

I had my spinning wheel there which also attracted some interest. People
loved to feel the soft fleece. One thing we did notice was that the country
people all knew our animals were goats, whereas in the city they thought
they were sheep. One of our does walked very well on a lead which was a bit
of a surprise as she has only had a halter and lead a few times. She was
slow through the miriads of people loading and unloading animals, but she
didn't falter. One other showed promise, but the rest were a bit of a
challenge. They settled well in their pen. There was enough happening to
keep them interested, but not frightened.

It was a good day despite the heavens opening as we were unloading back
home.

Summer has been cancelled here. At the moment, mid Feb, nearly midday, it
is 20o and raining.

Hope all is well with everyone.

All the best

Lill

128_2808.jpg
128_2804.jpg

Valerie Donald

Feb 13, 2012, 2:13:09 AM2/13/12
to heritage...@googlegroups.com
dear Lill
Don't your does look beautiful
Val

Jackie Stenford

Feb 13, 2012, 3:02:46 AM2/13/12
to heritage...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Glad the day went well. The girls look gorgeous. Talk soon
Jackie

Sent from my iPhone