Searching for High Blood Pressure Remedy

Luath

Oct 24, 2005, 4:53:19 AM10/24/05
to Complete Herbal
I suffer from high blood pressure and my GP has tried me on several
different tablets, none of which seem to agree with me.I would very
much like to change to a herbal remedy. Has anyone any suggestions?

Lynne

Oct 24, 2005, 12:29:08 PM10/24/05
to Complete Herbal
With a medical condition like this you must talk to your doctor before
trying anything new. Also ask him/her what lifestyle changes you could
make that may help.

Start with a healthy, varied diet. It has been medically proven that
potassium helps to prevent and control high blood pressure. Be sure to
get enough potassium in the foods you eat. Some good sources are
various fruits, vegetables, dairy foods, and fish. Magnesium can also
help guard against cardiovascular disease and lower high blood
pressure. Evening Primrose, Garlic and Yarrow are all said to have an
effect in controling blood pressure.

In addition there is a very good .gov guide to lowering high blood
pressure here:-

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov