Good news: AOGS 2023 Abstract Submission - Extended to 21st February

Shrestha, Durga Lal (Environment, Clayton)

Feb 14, 2023, 5:36:11 PM2/14/23
to he...@googlegroups.com, Robertson, David (Environment, Clayton), Céline Cattoën-Gilbert, sanj...@iiserb.ac.in

Dear HEPEX-ers

You may have already noticed, but abstract submission for AOGS 2023 has been extended for another week, until February 21st. So, if you have not yet submitted abstracts, this is your last chance to do so for our HEPEX session.

On behalf of the co-conveners, we would like to extend our invitation to you to submit abstracts to the session

HS30 : Hydro-meteorological Forecasting: Methods and Applications

that we are organising at 20th Asia Ocean Geosciences Society (AOGS) Annual Meeting to be held in Singapore from 30 July to 04 August 2023.

This session aims to discuss methods for hydro-meteorological forecasting and the challenges in the application of forecasts for real-world water resources planning and management. The session has a broad scope and seeks to bring together researchers and practitioners working on hydro-meteorological forecasting in any of the following areas, but not limited to:

  • Real time flood and high flow forecasting techniques
  • Challenges in sub-seasonal to seasonal hydro-meteorological forecasts
  • Evaluation of advantages in ensemble hydro-meteorological forecasts
  • Methods for pre-processing atmospheric predictions for hydrological applications including spatio-temporal downscaling
  • Methods for estimating and reducing hydrologic predictive uncertainty including multi-model combination, data assimilation and post processing
  • Integration of multi-scale forecasts into streamflow forecasting
  • Impacts-based forecasting and warning methods
  • Application of forecast information for water resources management including development and optimisation of simulation and modelling system
  • Quantifying predictive uncertainty and developing risk-based decision support systems for emergence management
  • Data-driven and machine learning techniques for hydro-metrological forecasting and uncertainty quantification

This session has been endorsed by HEPEX (https://hepex.irstea.fr/).

Details of the session (HS30) are available here (https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2023/public.asp?page=sessions_and_conveners.asp) , or contact Durgalal...@csiro.au for further information.

DEADLINE for submissions of abstracts: 14th 21st February 2023

We look forward to your contribution.

Kind regards

Durga Lal Shrestha on behalf of

Dr Celine Cattoen-Gilbert (NIWA, New Zealand)

Dr Sanjeev Kumar Jha (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal, India)

Dr David Robertson (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia)

With kind regards, Durga.

Durga Lal Shrestha

Senior Research Scientist | Hydro-climate Modeller

Environment  |  CSIRO

durgalal...@csiro.au  |  03 9545 2461  |  043 168 5380

Private Bag 10, Clayton South VIC 3169, Australia

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au