HSF SLAC Workshop Reminder

Pere Mato Vila

Dec 16, 2014, 12:50:34 PM12/16/14
to hep-s...@googlegroups.com, hep-sf...@googlegroups.com, rd-multicore (General announcements and discussion forum for the Multi-...), project-lcg-peb-apps (LCG Project - Applications Area), project-lcg-af (LCG Architects Forum), roottalk (Mailing list for ROOT users.)
Dear colleague,

The upcoming workshop of the HEP Software Foundation is an important milestone for this initiative. I remind you that it will take place very soon, January 20-21 at SLAC. See the workshop announcement, http://hepsoftwarefoundation.org/workshop-slac-jan-2015, for the details. A draft agenda is available at http://indico.cern.ch/e/HSFWorkshop2.

If you are interested to participate, please register asap using the SLAC workshop registration page. Since we are stressing the bottom-up style of the initiative by asking the opinion and suggestions to the whole community,  you are also encouraged to submit a contribution proposal using the abstract submission page. If you are not directly involved, please forward this announcement to all the people that may be interested. We would like to see as many software projects and software developers represented: the Foundation will be what people makes of it!

Also, two mailing list related to these activities have been created and we'd like to see as many people as possible registering to them.
- HEP Software and Computing (general list): https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hep-sw-comp

Cheers,

  Pere Mato & Torre Wenaus  (for the HSF Startup Team)