HSF pre-CHEP workshop about the Community White Paper

Michel Jouvin

Jul 21, 2016, 11:26:10 AM7/21/16
to HEP SW & Computing
Hi,

You probably already heard about the Community White Paper initiative,
presented at our last HSF workshop
(http://hepsoftwarefoundation.org/organization/2016/05/04/Workshop-summary.html#community-white-paper---peter-elmer).
The process is scheduled to start this Fall with the details currently
being finalized. A detailed announcement of the CWP process will be sent
in the coming weeks.

We wanted to let you know that one of the CWP preparation meeting for
the kickoff planned at the end of the year will take place as a pre-CHEP
meeting, on Sunday October 9 in San Francisco (CHEP venue). If you are
finalizing your CHEP plans, please take this into account

Cheers,

Michel

PS: we apologize for double posting if you already received it through
the HSF channel.

Gordon T. Watts

Oct 9, 2016, 11:57:51 AM10/9/16
to jou...@lal.in2p3.fr, HEP SW & Computing
Hi,
Is this occurring? I just realized it was sitting on my calendar, but I'd seen no notice of it and I can't find any evidence of it on the CHEP website.

Cheers,
Gordon.

Peter Elmer

Oct 9, 2016, 12:00:53 PM10/9/16
to Gordon T. Watts, jou...@lal.in2p3.fr, HEP SW & Computing
Hi Gordon,

It is happening. In Indico it was included as part of the WLCG workshop,
which is taking place this weekend:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/555063/timetable/#20161009.detailed

Peter
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hep-sw-comp/BN6PR08MB25482B680E0D408F9788B331A0D80%40BN6PR08MB2548.namprd08.prod.outlook.com.

Peter Elmer E-mail: Peter...@cern.ch Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN PH-UCM, Bldg. 32 2C-14 CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland