Re: Community White Paper Roadmap, Second Draft for comments released

Graeme Stewart

Dec 13, 2017, 11:55:08 AM12/13/17
to hsf-communit...@googlegroups.com, hep-sf...@googlegroups.com, HEP SW & Computing, CWP Editorial Board
Dear Colleagues

We would like to remind you that the HEP Software Foundation Community White Paper Roadmap is in the final stages of preparation. You can still add your name to the list of signatories to appear in the first version that will go to arXiv.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBXwlNnQsxxZA3gVS1_KSpa8wRXGyk250EIsJwJ2T34/edit?usp=sharing

After discussion with the Editorial Board we decided that everyone who signs the paper will be listed as an author in order to emphasise the breadth of the endorsement that we have received from the community.

Many thanks,

Graeme, for the CWP Editorial Board

On 17 November 2017 at 22:07, Graeme A Stewart <graeme.and...@cern.ch> wrote:
Dear HSF friends and colleagues

We are very pleased to announce that the second draft of the Roadmap for HEP Software and Computing R&D for the 2020s, prepared by the HSF through the Community White Paper process, is ready for comment and feedback.

This version takes into account almost all of the comments that we received on the first draft and we are very grateful to the HEP community for having provided such good feedback on that first version. We are delighted to include in this draft sections on Physics Generators and Security in addition to updates on all the other sections from the first draft.

The document is available as a Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mXJ51Xi1FEcQKzf6jJknmkC3MGeZqjPjgtoj3pVD6rk

or as a PDF:

https://github.com/HEP-SF/documents/blob/master/CWP/papers/roadmap/HSF-Community-White-Paper-v0.2.pdf

You are strongly encouraged to comment directly on the Google Doc, with suggested updates to the text prefered over standalone comments*. However, if you are unable to do that you may also send plain text comments to hsf-cwp-ed-board@googlegroups.com (please avoid comments in PDF).

The document will remain open for comments until 1 December and we very much encourage you to read and provide feedback now.

We also invite you to support the Community White Paper by adding your name to our list of signatories here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBXwlNnQsxxZA3gVS1_KSpa8wRXGyk250EIsJwJ2T34/edit?usp=sharing

The CWP Roadmap is open to all of the community to sign.

We look forward to your further feedback.

Graeme Stewart, John Harvey, Michel Jouvin, Benedikt Hegner, Eduardo Rodrigues, David Lange for the CWP Editorial Board

* Google Docs doesn’t handle references well, so we leave correct referencing to be fixed in the final version. However, If you see missing references please add a comment to the reference list.

--
Graeme A Stewart  - CERN EP-SFT, 32-R-B08, x64462

Graeme Stewart  - CERN EP-SFT 32-R-B08 x64462