最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Luke

未読、
2020/08/13 9:43:222020/08/13
To: help-cfengine

Hi All,

I’m trying to mirror a CFEngine repository on a Satellite server I’m setting up, however I’m getting very confused.

Firstly, the CFEngine page (https://cfengine.com/product/community/cfengine-linux-distros/) recommends the below;

“NOTE: If your distribution is using systemd, you should consider to get a package supporting it from the community edition download page.”

Is it really true systemd distro’s are not able to have an upstream repo that can be easily setup? Systemd is fairly prevalent now.

I have also mirrored the repo as per the instructions and there are some “cfengine-community-3.16.0-1.el5.centos.x86_64” packages which are installed on my Redhat 8.2 fresh build (Presumably due to it being the most recent version numerically) which don’t appear to work from my quick inspection.

I guess my question is, what’s the current status of getting a mirrorable upstream CFEngine repository for recent versions of Red hat?

Thanks,

Luke

Nick Anderson

未読、
2020/08/13 17:39:122020/08/13
To: Luke、help-cfengine

Luke writes:

Hi, Luke

Is it really true systemd distro’s are not able to have an upstream repo that can be easily setup? Systemd is fairly prevalent now. … I guess my question is, what’s the current status of getting a mirrorable upstream CFEngine repository for recent versions of Red hat?

It's true that we only provide 2 public repositories, one for deb packages, and one for RPM packages and that we do not publish the el7 or el8 package to the repository. We don't currently have any plans to make changes to the package repositories for including packages not currently hosted there.

You can however setup your own repo, and you automate it's content with curl and a bit of jq.

LATEST_LTS_RELEASE_DATA=$(curl -s https://cfengine.com/release-data/community/releases.json | jq -r '.releases[] | select(.latestLTS == true) | .URL')
curl -s $LATEST_LTS_RELEASE_DATA | jq -r '.artifacts["Binary packages"][] | select(.package == "PACKAGES_x86_64_linux_redhat_8") | .URL'
https://cfengine-package-repos.s3.amazonaws.com/community_binaries/Community-3.15.2/agent_rhel8_x86_64/cfengine-community-3.15.2-1.el8.x86_64.rpm

– Nick Anderson | Doer of Things | (+1) 785-550-1767 | https://northern.tech

全員に返信
投稿者に返信