spec file for rpms / rpms for AARCH64?

Tina Friedrich

Feb 14, 2024, 12:04:16 PMFeb 14
to help-cfengine
Hello,

are the spec files used to build the cfengine-community rpm available
somewhere? (Or source rpms?) I'm trying to install it on a AlmaLinux 9.3
based AARCH64 machine - and there are no packages for that :(

I've downloaded the source & tried to build it - configure/make works
with no issues, so I'm hopeful. But I'd obviously prefer to have an RPM
for it Before I attempt to write a spec file, I thought I'd ask...

Tina

Nick Anderson

Feb 14, 2024, 1:24:53 PMFeb 14
to help-c...@googlegroups.com, Tina Friedrich

Hello,

are the spec files used to build the cfengine-community rpm available somewhere? (Or source rpms?) I'm trying to install it on a AlmaLinux 9.3 based AARCH64 machine - and there are no packages for that :(

I've downloaded the source & tried to build it - configure/make works with no issues, so I'm hopeful. But I'd obviously prefer to have an RPM for it Before I attempt to write a spec file, I thought I'd ask…

Hi Tina,

There is this in the buildscripts repo. Alternatively I think you can use rpmrebuild to get the spec from a binary package. There was some internal discussion about building rpms for aarch64 (like we do for apt) but no work is currently scheduled for that.

Does that help?

Tina Friedrich

Feb 14, 2024, 4:02:41 PMFeb 14
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

that certainly looks like it might :) I thought I'm probably just too
blind to find it.

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Tina