Debian Maintainer

Martin Simons

Dec 15, 2020, 7:51:13 AM12/15/20
to help-cfengine

Dear CFEngineer,
Our good old Antonio Radici is going to put an end to his maintainership for the CFEngine Debian package.
There is some time left, but still.
Regards,
Martin.

Marco Marongiu

Dec 15, 2020, 10:40:39 AM12/15/20
to Martin Simons, help-cfengine
Hello Martin

Despite being a Debian user since ages, I don't have the necessary expertise to do that job.

It's a nice job that's been done over the years by Antonio, so big thanks to him! It would be great if someone had enough expertise and enthusiasm to grab the torch and bring it forward.

Ciao
-- bronto

Nick Anderson

Dec 15, 2020, 11:02:16 AM12/15/20
to help-cfengine

Gian Piero Carrubba

Dec 15, 2020, 11:35:24 AM12/15/20
to help-cfengine
* [Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 04:40:25PM +0100] Marco Marongiu:
>It's a nice job that's been done over the years by Antonio, so big
>thanks to him! It would be great if someone had enough expertise and
>enthusiasm to grab the torch and bring it forward.

I'm not particularly eager to, especially since I'm not a DD, but will
probably try if nobody steps up. Better yet, I'm willing to contribute
if someone with DD status set up a collab-maint repo.

Cheers,
Gian Piero.

Nick Anderson

Dec 15, 2020, 1:03:40 PM12/15/20
to Martin Simons, help-cfengine
Thanks for calling attention to this Martin!

--
Nick Anderson| Doer of Things | (+1) 785-550-1767 | https://northern.tech

Martin Simons

Dec 15, 2020, 7:05:13 PM12/15/20
to help-cfengine
You're Welcome.
A big cheer for Antonio!
How can we help @Gian Piero Carrubba?

Gian Piero Carrubba

Dec 16, 2020, 4:32:39 AM12/16/20
to help-cfengine
* [Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 04:05:13PM -0800] Martin Simons:
>You're Welcome.
>A big cheer for Antonio!
>How can we help @Gian Piero Carrubba?

Let's see if the cfengine team is going to maintain it (I think the
group Nick mentioned is private, so have no clue at the moment).

In the meantime, during the next days I will probably try to fix at
least the issues I've myself introduced in the last version of the
package (there was a misunderstanding with Antonio, as I thought he
would have rewritten the release bits himself). So, if anyone is going
to take over, please also check my fork at [0].

Cheers,
Gian Piero.

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/gpiero/cfengine3

Nick Anderson

Dec 16, 2020, 9:19:32 AM12/16/20
to help-cfengine
There was no need for that list to be private, I have adjusted the permissions.