Problem with FreeBSD packages

Richard Jones

Mar 28, 2024, 9:43:48 AMMar 28
to CFEngine
Hi All,

I now get errors running CFEngine 3.23.1 on FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE - though I believe it was already occurring on 13.x-RELEASE.

"error: Line from package inventory 'nginx,1.24.0_13,3,FreeBSD:13:amd64,pkg' did not yield correct number of elements."

I'm happy to try to debug this myself, but I can't work out which bit of code is even generating the error!

Thanks,

Richard

--
junix.systems/privacy
+44 7843 588 599

craig.c...@northern.tech

Mar 28, 2024, 11:33:43 AMMar 28
to help-cfengine
This should be fixed.

The issue was that the extra comma in the version: 1.24.0_13,3 is messing up our parsing of it.

I cherry picked the fix back to 3.21.x if you want to try that instead of master: https://github.com/cfengine/core/pull/5475

If you can build one of these versions then you will need to delete the existing database files in /var/cfengine/state/packages_*lmdb* and let CFEngine regenerate those with an agent run.