git pre-commit and cf-promises

Stefan Skoglund

Aug 17, 2021, 9:32:49 AM8/17/21
to help-cfengine
Do anyone have a git precommit hook snippet which runs
cf-promises --fullcheck on the changed files only ?

Think that something like this happends (changes in
services/production/apt.cf and main.cf):
---
cf-promises --full-check --file ./services/production/apt.cf
cf-promises --full-check --file ./services/production/main.cf
---

Nick Anderson

Aug 18, 2021, 4:17:19 PM8/18/21
to help-cfengine
Quite old, I haven't used this in a very long time.

it doesn't check the modified files though.

I use flycheck inside emacs (Spacemacs with the cfengine layer) and that helps me to prevent from authoring bad syntax.