CFengine 3.17.0 package acquire lock

Bas van der Vlies

Dec 4, 2020, 8:43:57 AM12/4/20
to help-cfengine
Hi

I am trying to run 3.17.0 with my current cfengine setup (want to try custom promises). But i receive for all packages checks this info message:
```
info: Can not acquire lock for 'cfengine-community' package promise. Skipping promise evaluation
info: Can not acquire lock for 'cfengine-community' package promise. Skipping promise evaluation
….
```

I am using the apt module and use the latest.

regards

--
Bas van der Vlies
| Operations, Support & Development | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300 | bas.van...@surf.nl | www.surf.nl |

Nick Anderson

Dec 4, 2020, 10:37:40 AM12/4/20
to Bas van der Vlies, help-cfengine

Bas van der Vlies writes:

I am trying to run 3.17.0 with my current cfengine setup (want to try custom promises). But i receive for all packages checks this info message: ``` info: Can not acquire lock for 'cfengine-community' package promise. Skipping promise evaluation info: Can not acquire lock for 'cfengine-community' package promise. Skipping promise evaluation …. ```

I filed similar issues recently (ENT-6447, ENT-6553), if you open one in CFE I will link them together. I believe those are bogus log messages related to inform log changes that we did for 3.17.0. Those messages seem to come from pass 2 and 3 after the promise has been resolved, so we should squash these log messages, they shouldn't be emitted if the promise was resolved during this execution of the agent.

Bas van der Vlies

Dec 4, 2020, 12:17:26 PM12/4/20
to Nick Anderson, help-cfengine
Thanks I can not read those reports.

Nick Anderson

Dec 4, 2020, 12:21:41 PM12/4/20
to help-cfengine
I know, they are enterprise related, but I summarized them in my explanation,  that's why I suggested submitting one to the CFE project.