Renaming repository on github

Hannes Wallnöfer

Mar 26, 2012, 8:31:39 AM3/26/12
to Helma
Hello list,

I'm about to rename the "helma-mirror" git repository on github to
just "helma" to reflect that this is now the main helma source
repository. This means that if you have a local clone of the
repository you'll have to edit the url property in the [remote
"origin"] part of your .git/config file.

I hope that github will take care of github-hosted forks of
helma-mirror, but I'm not entirely sure. We'll see after renaming if
more cleanup is required.

I'm also planning to merge the apps-modules and apps-manage repository
back into the main helma repository in order to simplify the build
process (currently this pulls things together via svn).

I'll send an update to this list when I'm done.

Hannes

Hannes Wallnöfer

Mar 26, 2012, 10:12:56 AM3/26/12
to Helma
I renamed the repository and updated/fixed the source repository link
on helma.org:

https://github.com/helma-org/helma
http://helma.org/Documentation/Using+the+Source+Code+Repositories/

However, fixing the package build task seems not to be as easy as I
hoped. Turns out external modules and apps were not downloaded by the
build script but defined as via Subversion externals. I think we could
do the this by subtree-merging[1] helma modules and apps, but I'm not
sure how to go about external svn modules such as Jala. Any ideas?

[1]: http://nuclearsquid.com/writings/subtree-merging-and-you/

Hannes

Simon Oberhammer

Mar 27, 2012, 4:29:20 AM3/27/12
to Helma
Hi Hannes,

> I think we could
> do the this by subtree-merging[1] helma modules and apps, but I'm not
> sure how to go about external svn modules such as Jala. Any ideas?

+1 for merging the modules 'core' and 'helma' into the helma
repository.

I would also merge Jala-trunk, but I am less sure about this (one
reason, specific to us, is that we sometimes use two different
versions of Jala in the same helma install). Maybe postpone the
decision and start with only 'core' and 'helma' merged in...

Looking forward to the new old Helma!

Simon