Case Sensitivity in helma 1.7 - can it be turned off?

Karsten Ehms

Mar 24, 2012, 10:04:33 AM3/24/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
We have some lines of code ;-) and a lot of data from more than 5 years of operation on helma 1.5.
Migration creates some risks, partly because of case sensitivity in helma 1.7 (identifiers in XML objects!)
Yes, I know ... ;-) theoretically one should use exactly identical identifiers throughout the whole code, practically this causes problems as long as you do not have auto completion in your IDE.
So I have understanding for some "variations" in coding concerning case sensitivity.

Is there a way to turn this feature off in helma 1.7?

Thanks,
karsten

Simon Oberhammer

Apr 2, 2012, 4:45:53 AM4/2/12
to Helma
hi Karsten,

> So I have understanding for some "variations" in coding concerning case
> sensitivity.
>
> Is there a way to turn this feature off in helma 1.7?

Manfred implemented this a while ago: his patch allows you to set a
`caseInsensitive=false` property in "app.properties"; this then
affects properties in XML and the properties-files.

This is the patch: https://github.com/oberhamsi/helma/commit/425350c39af854505cd16612f2243f65141d9e84

I have a "oberhamsi 1.7.1" - branch, which only differs from the
official 1.7 in two points:

* has this caseInsensitive patch
* fixes Object.prototype.clone, see
https://github.com/oberhamsi/helma/commit/67080b75c84cacd963f8256623231ad70816faf5

You can think of my "oberhamsi 1.7.1" as a prerelease version, since
something similar (backwards compatible with minor fixes) will
probably be released more officially sometime this spring.

Here's a test build: https://github.com/downloads/oberhamsi/helma/helma-1.7.1.tgz

simon

Karsten Ehms

Apr 2, 2012, 6:07:33 AM4/2/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
Hello Simon,

thanks a lot for the quick reply!
Also good to see, that we are not alone with our "no-perfect" content/attributes.

karsten