collection.list() 'error retrieving node' until I flush with the manage console

Pete Giovagnoli

Jan 8, 2013, 12:13:54 PM1/8/13
to he...@googlegroups.com
Anyone around? I'm having a situation where my collection's list() method fails consistently after each update until I manually flush the app (really the database I assume) with the manage console. This collection, of object type Comment, called 'comments', is declared in the type.properties of my Message class, so from within Message macros the call is simply:

this.comments.list();

but that returns a macro error 'Error retrieving node' on adding a new Comment to the Message. (Note that this is not the collection root.Comments.)

1. What exactly is flush doing?
2. I'm properly using invalidate() to make sure the Comment is read from the database and is thus in sync. OR AM I?
3. Any ideas on debugging this?

Thanks,
Pete Giovagnoli

Pete Giovagnoli

Jan 8, 2013, 6:37:19 PM1/8/13
to he...@googlegroups.com
#2 - I had to invalidate the Message the Comment was collected on as well. Interesting.

Pete