Big Fat HACS Program too complex: too big jump offset

pgio

Nov 16, 2011, 10:15:49 PM11/16/11
to Helma
Encountered code generation error while compiling function
"fb_action": Program too complex: too big jump offset

This is the message I got when I tried to run a large hac with lots of
if (req.params.action == "xxxxx") clauses.

Background: I'm adapting my website goss-p.com for a facebook app. The
designer would like to change some of the design, which means
detecting when we''re on facebook or not, and setting a cookie, and
rendering for the situation. However if you have a session of the
facebook app as well as the website open, they step on each others
cookies, leading to the wrong rendering.

To try to keep the facebook app always in check, I basically put the
rest of the website in a single hac and redid skins and macros and
functions so that my objects all render out with appropriate new links
that always lead back to the facebook app's hac.

Now my question: can I implement something similar by just mounting a
new app, basically a copy of the standalone website, at someplace like
goss-p.com/fb, like I'm doing with the dev version of the website, at
goss-p.com/dev? I'm unsure if this is possible because the two
applications / and /fb would need to share the same database. Are
there issues to be aware of, or is there another approach? Because
Helma apparently doesn't like big fat hacs.

Thanks,
Pete

pgio

Nov 23, 2011, 12:53:15 PM11/23/11
to Helma
Of course the answer was breaking the hac up a little (throwing one
action into a root function) but I'm still curious about using
multiple apps with the same database.
Pete

Tobi Schäfer

Nov 23, 2011, 1:45:49 PM11/23/11
to he...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete

Two (or more) apps using the same database will result in synchronisation issues (e.g. app1 writing to the database and app2 not knowing about it).

Maybe HelmaSwarm or HelmaGroups could be useful here:

http://helma.org/wiki/HelmaSwarm/
https://github.com/p3k/helma-groups

HTH,
tobi

> --

PGP.sig

pgio

Nov 23, 2011, 2:01:20 PM11/23/11
to Helma
Would this mean having one app do all the interaction with the
database and then one for each front-end (web, facebook, mobile) and
they all share the database through the group?

Interesting.

Pete

On Nov 23, 12:45 pm, Tobi Schäfer <interf...@p3k.org> wrote:
> Hi Pete
>
> Two (or more) apps using the same database will result in synchronisation issues (e.g. app1 writing to the database and app2 not knowing about it).
>
> Maybe HelmaSwarm or HelmaGroups could be useful here:
>

> http://helma.org/wiki/HelmaSwarm/https://github.com/p3k/helma-groups

>  smime.p7s
> 4KViewDownload
>
>  PGP.sig
> < 1KViewDownload

Walter Krivanek

Jan 23, 2012, 4:50:43 AM1/23/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is this list still alive?

We've just realised that we have a 2.6GB (!) helma-out.log file.
We're running Helma 1.7 with 3 custom apps, Apache via proxy, no AJP13.
Every minute, these messages appear a few times:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cookie name "path" is a reserved token
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cookie name "domain" is a reserved token

Since we don't use custom cookies we have no idea what's causing this.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Walter

Simon Oberhammer

Jan 23, 2012, 5:43:44 AM1/23/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
quick FYI: we get the same messages with helma behind apache ajp. never investigated what causes it, though.

  simon