Porting to SDL2

Ivo Kosir

Oct 5, 2014, 9:52:08 PM10/5/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got interested in this library as I was looking for a simple 2d engine for my project to learn haskell.
Than I noticed that this engine is using pango and cairo.
Why is this project not simply using sdl2 + sdl2-image + sdl2-ttf?
Is it because it may support .svg and some other advanced rendering in future, or just because it was easier to do that way?

Kaspar Emanuel

Oct 14, 2014, 4:34:23 AM10/14/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivo,

I believe it was because it was easier, yes (though I was not involved then). There are plans to an OpenGL drawing mode as well.

Cairo is a nice drawing library though and I have plans to make a Gtk back-end which uses the existing drawing code.

Ciao,

Kaspar

Zack Corr

Oct 16, 2014, 7:45:12 PM10/16/14
to Kaspar Emanuel, helm...@googlegroups.com
Correct, it was easier and it's a vector graphics library where as sdl2-image is not.

Zack Corr