Helm Example Code Memory Leak

Michael Keating

Jul 23, 2014, 6:22:26 PM7/23/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit new to Haskell and I figured making a game would be a good way to get better; so I installed the Helm package and went to run the example code to make sure it worked, but it quickly ate up all of my computer's memory and crashed! Since I understood that alone might not be the most helpful thing to send on a mailing list, I put together the memory profiles of both the provided example programs, each ran with the timeout program for 10 seconds: https://gist.github.com/mkgh/0eef13a484cb0876d392; unluckily, I'm not totally sure what else I can do to help since I'm still working on figuring out how the code works. If anybody has any ideas on what I should do next to help solve the problem, I'm ready to help.

Kaspar Emanuel

Aug 16, 2014, 4:06:23 PM8/16/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
I noticed the leaks too but only in Helm from Hackage. If I cabal-install from Github they don't happen.

Zack Corr

Aug 16, 2014, 9:35:57 PM8/16/14
to Kaspar Emanuel, helm...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it was fixed on master recently. I'll release the patch ASAP, there's another bug still that I was waiting on to be fixed but I'll just release that separately.