Problem with rendering

Szymon Policht

Nov 3, 2014, 3:36:33 PM11/3/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
I tried building helm with some examples. Unfortunately, whether it's an example with a red square, or the one with controls, I am only getting a black window.

A thing that may be worth noting is that I'm running helm in a virtual machine. However the engine is only 2d and I don't think it's using any hardware acceleration (correct me if I'm wrong), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Is this a known problem? Or perhaps can someone offer a solution?

In case that matters, I'm running it under Ubuntu 14.10 (in a virtual machine).

Kaspar Emanuel

Nov 4, 2014, 10:40:12 AM11/4/14
to Szymon Policht, helm...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Helm are you using?

Szymon Policht

Nov 4, 2014, 11:02:47 AM11/4/14
to Kaspar Emanuel, helm...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the newest version from git.

Kaspar Emanuel

Nov 7, 2014, 8:15:39 PM11/7/14
to Szymon Policht, helm...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried a different virtual machine or your native OS?

Zack Corr

Nov 8, 2014, 10:57:11 PM11/8/14
to Szymon Policht, helm...@googlegroups.com
Is there any output in the terminal when you run it? Might be a Cairo issue, although normally it crashes when there is a Cairo error.
Cairo does use hardware acceleration.

Zack Corr