Helm 0.6 released

za...@z0w0.me

Jul 3, 2014, 3:21:01 AM7/3/14
to helm...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Helm 0.6 has been released on Github and Hackage.

The new version has been completely ported to SDL2 (using the low-level bindings instead of the high-level ones, because the high-level ones seem to be taking a while to be completed).
This brings plenty of optimizations to rendering and now having cross-platform games is even easier (we're no longer hit by the OSX/Windows not having SDL_Init defined).
I have also removed parts of the API that I felt were not really relevant and completely unpolished (Automaton & Joystick).

Over the next month I will be working hard on documentation (specifically the guide) and working on some real-world demos.
Of course this will bring in some big changes as I begin to make the API production ready. This means the 0.7 release
will be focused on having a polished and stable API, which means the next release after it should hopefully be 1.0
which will focus on optimizing the engine and making it work directly off OpenGL without using Cairo.

For the full list of changes, head over here on Github.

glhf