Transferring maintainer role (Was: Removed tags?)

Kaspar Emanuel

Jan 23, 2015, 7:22:26 PM1/23/15
to Zack Corr, helm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Zack,

On 18 January 2015 at 08:05, Zack Corr <za...@z0w0.me> wrote:

Now on another note, I just don't have time for Helm at all. It would have been especially apparent within the past few months due to the rate of commits coming through by me.. however, just recently I've been working 60 hours weeks and I just can't fit open-source into my schedule anymore, which is really disappointing for me personally. Actually, it makes me really sad. But I have no choice in the matter right now.

So, I'm ready to hand over the role of maintainer to someone else. Would you be interested?

I would be glad to, yes. My time commitments will be off and on a little (I work as a contractor). I definitely don't want to see the project stagnate.

On a side note: don't work 60hrs a week, that's unhealthy! I hope you are exaggerating.

I can relinquish rights to the Hackage package, transfer you the web domain, whatever else there is. I don't care about costs. I'd just love Helm to keep going on because I think it fits a niche role in Haskell game development and definitely could be developed into something great. It just needs an active open-source person right now.

I think the easiest would be to just give me rights to the package so I can do releases and it might be good if I could create repos (say, to pull in helm-extras). I don't think you need to relinquish any rights.

As I've said before my goal is to provide a Haskell runtime for Elm and I am more focused on general GUI development rather than games. I would change some of the wording to reflect that if you hand the project over.

All the best,

Kaspar

Zack Corr

Jan 23, 2015, 9:51:04 PM1/23/15
to Kaspar Emanuel, helm...@googlegroups.com
Alright, added you as an owner for the switchface org and added you to the maintainer group on Hackage (assuming you are user kasbah, which you seem to be).

Cheers,

Zack Corr