[Hx] Problem after power cut

ROGER BILLCLIFFE rogerbil@mac.com

Jun 8, 2022, 1:03:44 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List
Server started up after power cut and helix restarted but unable to enter a record. Not just in client but RADE and engine too. Utility reports no problem. Can enter data into rectangles but enter key ineffective. Not just a network problem because running RADE on server produces same problem. Any ideas please
Roger

Louis Grenier kanuk@compuserve.com

Jun 8, 2022, 1:27:36 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List
Reboot ?

> Le 8 juin 2022 à 13:03, ROGER BILLCLIFFE roge...@mac.com <Hel...@gibhenry.com> a écrit :
>
> Server started up after power cut and helix restarted but unable to enter a record. Not just in client but RADE and engine too. Utility reports no problem. Can enter data into rectangles but enter key ineffective. Not just a network problem because running RADE on server produces same problem. Any ideas please

ROGER BILLCLIFFE rogerbil@mac.com

Jun 8, 2022, 1:53:32 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List
Seems to have no effect

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Jun 2022, at 19:27, Louis Grenier ka...@compuserve.com <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:
>
> Reboot ?

Bill Spencer spencerconsulting@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2022, 2:07:34 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List
Does your keyboard work in other apps

> On Jun 8, 2022, at 10:53 AM, ROGER BILLCLIFFE roge...@mac.com <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:
>
> Seems to have no effect

Roger Billcliffe rogerbil@mac.com

Jun 8, 2022, 3:37:36 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List
At moment can’t speak for other clients but my own machine on a remote network is fine except for entering new records. However enter key works when responding to dialog boxes in helix
Roger

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Jun 2022, at 20:07, Bill Spencer spencerc...@gmail.com <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:
>
> Does your keyboard work in other apps

kanuk kanuk@compuserve.com

Jun 8, 2022, 4:24:06 PMJun 8
to Helix-L Discussion List

No Sequence button on the view that could do some strange things ?

Philip Stearns philipstearns@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2022, 1:15:22 AMJun 9
to Helix-L Discussion List
Hi Roger

I’d try this to start with:

1. Shut down the server.
2. Disconnect the keyboard entirely
3. Hook up a known-to-be-good or new WIRED keyboard
4. Power up to Reset the PRAM and SMC on the server
5. Test the collection again with Helix RADE
6. If using a keyboard to enter records STILL doesn’t work, see if you can enter records using the Enter command from the menus

Fingers crossed

- Philip