[Hx] Font confusion

david weller dave_weller@mac.com

Aug 12, 2022, 4:27:06 PMAug 12
to Helix-L Discussion List
Hi folks, I need a little tutorial on Mac/Helix Font usage.

I have a form in my collection that uses Lucida Grande on the form in RADE.
One of my users had some weird formatting on that form, and it looked as though the font displayed was not Lucida Grande. I checked the users font book and sure enough, Lucida Grande was installed (in the system library, so usable for any user of the computer, right?), but was not the display font for that form on this Mac. it was using Bookman.It was also installed in the System font folder

What have I done wrong? I don’t see how Helix can just choose a different font than the one used on the form. I know it will substitute missing fonts, but it had the correct one in the font folder and decided Bookman would be best for some unknown reason..

Please educate me!!!