Re: [Hx] Surprise on new collection [Localization]

Michael S. Scaramella, Esq. MSS@ScaraHoof.com

Jun 5, 2022, 3:31:16 PMJun 5
to Helix-L Discussion List
Anton, et al.,

Localization implicates a myriad of issues regarding multiple data types. Reading the now six year old report at techdb R8982 is recommendable, especially Larry Atkin’s comment of Apr 07, 2017 at 3:28 AM. Today, we further need to consider platform-neutrality and internationalization. For some salient background regarding dates, see ISO - ISO 8601 — Date and time format including the linked article, ISO - Date and time: the new draft of ISO 8601 explained by Klaus-Dieter Naujok. For still more fun, consider that the Helix clock starts at the beginning of January 1, 0001. That is the date stored when a date field is set to omit the date so that only the time is used.

Michael

On Jun 5, 2022, at 11:51 AM, Anton a...@sommer-equity.de <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:

After 10 years, I just started a new collection. (RADE 8.01 b.6350)
Surprise;
Number fields with 2 decimal points assigned only accept „ . “ (Full stop) as decimal sign.…

A Helix collection’s resources are set at the time a collection is created. The setting is taken from the System installed on the computer.…

SCARAMELLA & HOOFNAGLE
Computer Division
 ~  *  ~
Voice: 856-424-2100